Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I also heard the new 3 series should be coming out as a 2006 model, and will probably be available sometime in 2005.... im assuming later in the year.

"And he's not much of a car guy. He just like the way it looks." :crazy: I hope he at least likes HOW it drives.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jasonar said:
"And he's not much of a car guy. He just like the way it looks." :crazy: I hope he at least likes HOW it drives.
Hehehe... yeah. I already know he likes the way they drive. He has an '03 Mini Cooper right now, which basically drives like a tiny BMW. Plus his GF owns an '03 3-series as well that he uses every so often. Plus he used to drive my dad's old 5-series. He loved all three. We'll probably be going out on a few test drives soon though just to make sure.

Rich P said:
Looks like 2006. Doesn't mention what it would look like but judging on how the 5- and 6-series followed the 7-series in design, you can probably bet the 3-series would look similar. :thumbdow:
Looks like now is the time to buy before they fuck the 3-series up. Hehehe. TBH, I actually liked the 3-series that came out previous to the current one. It seemed to be more muscular than this one. But at least it don't look like the current 5 & 7 bimmers.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
If I were in the market for a BMW my thought process would work like this right now: 1.) I would look for a used 5 series for two reasons - a.) it's a timeless design and it still blows away the current 5 series and will continue to do so for quite a while thus making it a desirable car for years to come. b.) for the price of new 3-series you could get a low mileage, two year old 530. 2.) If I had to own a brand new 3-series, then I would buy one now before it looks like, well before it looks like something I would scrape off the bottom of my shoe after walking around in my backyard which is what I think must have inspired the designers of the new 5 and 7 series.

·
0 Posts
info bump

As we reported previously the 2005 BMW 3 Series will take some styling cues from the xActivity concept car. Sources say that its front design, especially the lights, will be similar to that of the xActivity.

Although the 3 Series' design will take a radical departure from that of the current model, BMW will keep the aggressive styling.

Because of the upcoming BMW 1 Series, the new 3 series will be bigger than the current model. Of course this means much-needed improved interior space. The 1 series gives the next 3 Series the chance to move even more upmarket.

The car will also get a complete new chassis and BMW use a lot of aluminium in the car.

In terms of lighting the next 3 Series will get the latest LED technology and will feature gizmos like adaptive light control.

Other clever innovations to appear in the 2005 3 Series are intelligent steering and of course BMW's controversial iDrive system.

Apparently the dash will be similar to that of the Z4, which means that the layout will be simple and not overwhelming at all.

There will be less console blockage between the driver and passenger. This will create the idea of more interior space.

Little information is still available of the engine range but according to inside sources there will be a powerful V8 model. This 200kW+ 3.6-litre model will bridge the gap between the 330i and the M version.

BMW will also break tradition with the coupe and cabriolet models. They will be known as the 4 Series therefore the M version will probably be called the M4.

The sedan and tourer will keep the 3 Series badge

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well its done. We left a deposit for my brother's new car. I showed him these pics (found a few renderings on line) & he said it was ok, but still prefers the current body style. Plus he didn't want to wait till next year. So its on special order, with an estimated delivery date of late may/early June.

This is what he ended up with:

325xi
Premium Package
Navigation
Harmon Kardon sound system
HIDs
Cold Weatehr Package
parking assist (dealer threw it in)
5-speed
Black metallic
Black Leather

With the family discount, and a little negotiating, we got it for just a little north of $35K.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
BoeserBlick said:
Well its done. We left a deposit for my brother's new car. I showed him these pics (found a few renderings on line) & he said it was ok, but still prefers the current body style. Plus he didn't want to wait till next year. So its on special order, with an estimated delivery date of late may/early June.

This is what he ended up with:

325xi
Premium Package
Navigation
Harmon Kardon sound system
HIDs
Cold Weatehr Package
parking assist (dealer threw it in)
5-speed
Black metallic
Black Leather

With the family discount, and a little negotiating, we got it for just a little north of $35K.
35k.....dam....should've took him to the Audi dealer.....not too many cars look better then A4......

But congrats to your bro....and you, Im sure you will be wippin it around too ;) :lol:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Wait the 2 door 3-series will be now dubbed the 4-series?!?!

If they're smaller (due to being 2-door versions) why don't they name it the 2-series?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Congrats, I would have to say that due to BMW service (my mom has x5 and their 330i loaner cars are fun as hell btw) and some other aspects, I would pick that over an a4 ultrasport, even though I would consider a4 also. 325xi performs at same rate as chipped 1.8t (i think :???: ) and is all wheel drive. I rallied the living shit outta one the other day and the brakes are unreal. I live in Maine and awd is mint for this time of year. Well, sweet, just thought I'd give your bro some prizzops :thumbup: :beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts