Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see the site list shows 5speed only but i thought i would ask since the power output is in the same range as the PES T-28 and PES does make it for tiptronic.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: Does anyone have the APR stage 3 hooked up to a tiptronic??? (pushpassat)

Not sure, but would like to know. I have heard both yes and no. I just read a post that compared Neuspeed verse APR and they said that APR can still show up when scanned by the Vagcom (even when in the hidden mode). This will void most warranty coverage.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Re: Does anyone have the APR stage 3 hooked up to a tiptronic??? (B5Alive)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Not sure, but would like to know. I have heard both yes and no. I just read a post that compared Neuspeed verse APR and they said that APR can still show up when scanned by the Vagcom (even when in the hidden mode). This will void most warranty coverage. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OR . . . with a APR Stage 3 . . . the tech could just blatantly look at the engine bay and notice that you have an aftermarket turbo / cat installed. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of power that your car will have . . . .

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Re: Does anyone have the APR stage 3 hooked up to a tiptronic??? (B5Alive)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Not sure, but would like to know. I have heard both yes and no. I just read a post that compared Neuspeed verse APR and they said that APR can still show up when scanned by the Vagcom (even when in the hidden mode). This will void most warranty coverage. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know it's getting to sound old, and you probably read it in another thread, but if you go into the dealership with a chip - one way or another they can find out, period. Doesn't matter who's chip you go with, so cross that off your list of feature-wants when you go shopping. They'll all tell you they aren't detectable and they're all full of it! If the warranty is that big a concern, stay stock 'till it's expired.

Back on topic... There are some APR StgIII/tiptronic combos over on Audiworld. You could try posting over there. It's your risk to take though.. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding someone to sell you the kit. There isn't enough data to say whether it's reliable over the long haul or not. You'll be well beyond the mfr's spec'd torque limits though.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Re: Does anyone have the APR stage 3 hooked up to a tiptronic??? (Macabre)

Hey Mac are you sure? I thought that APR would sell Stg 3 kit or do the software for Tip cars because of the torque load on the tranny issues.

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Re: Does anyone have the APR stage 3 hooked up to a tiptronic??? (Boris)

I was sure, but now not so much :)

It does look like APR will not sell it directly, but I'd swear I'd read about tip owners with stgIII's on audiworld.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Re: Does anyone have the APR stage 3 hooked up to a tiptronic??? (Macabre)

That was possibly the T-28 kits from PES. PES does sell it for Tip cars.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Re: Does anyone have the APR stage 3 hooked up to a tiptronic??? (Boris)

PES makes TIP kits, APR does not.......to my knowledge I have not seen one person with an APR stg.3 on a TIP car, APR will not sell you the kit if you have a TIP car so the person would have to buy it second hand. I don't believe there is a APR S3 tip car out there

·
Registered
328 Posts
Re: Does anyone have the APR stage 3 hooked up to a tiptronic??? (Blade)

Just go for the PES kit and get a tranny cooler and you should be set. Those are my plans when i save up enough money.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Re: Does anyone have the APR stage 3 hooked up to a tiptronic??? (PassatL0ver)

[made of money]If you can afford $4K for a turbo kit, another $3K for a 5HP24 Tiptronic tranny shouldn't be too bad, eh.[/made of money]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts