Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
I had them on my 01 GLX... took about 30 minutes to install. The leveling motors took about 2 hours to wire up but I was taking my time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
perhaps I asked the question incorrectly.

Does anyone else have the imported, Euro-spec, already clear-cornered Xenons on their B5?

If so - what are your experiences? On my A4, they used to be rather disappointing, although I must say, the Bi-xenons on the W8 have restored my faith.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am not sure what you mean by "Already clear-cornered Xenons". The Ecoded HID doesn't include the corner like the b5.5 do. However, i do have clear corner on mine. They look very nice, and lights up the road very well, of course, you will have to aim them correctly first.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok - beggin a thousand pardons.... Perhaps I am still too new to VW-speak and am making too many assumptions that Audi-speak is exactly the same.

When I had my A4 2 years ago, the guys over at Audiworld and Audizine were forever talking about the "clear-corner mod" by which one would completely remove somehow, the yellow reflector thingies in the sides of the stock American-spec. HID's. I never understood how to do it.

On the other hand, there were the more financially endowed fellows who just bought imported Euro-spec lights which have no yellow/orange "thingie" in the sides as do US-spec headlamps (which, unless I am operating under a delusion, we all referred to as simply "ecodes"). So - I have a friend who can get me some of the European xenon headlights from Germany to fit my B5 sedan with the self-leveling function and all, I believe. I was curious about those and if anyone had any experience with them.

Is this making any sense? Or am I further obfuscating the issue?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!

well! thank you for clearing that up.

so maybe i should have just asked who had after-market xenons. :drink: :beer:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
So - I have a friend who can get me some of the European xenon headlights from Germany to fit my B5 sedan with the self-leveling function and all, I believe. I was curious about those and if anyone had any experience with them.
That is a major mod, auto levelling system, sensors "all over" the car. Just get the ones (height adjustment from your dash) that you find here: http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73188

1 - 13 of 13 Posts