Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lisa Simpson
15,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course we get to see them. :)

One lives about a mile from me. I liked the SRX, and the black Pacifica was pretty hot, but the Magnum is about the golden age of wagons. If the rear section of the roof did not slope so much, it would compete with my Passat on looks. The sloping rear roof is not something I find attractive and while the rest of the car is pure hotness, the roof is rather disappointing.

From the front quarter, it is a seriously badass looking vehicle. I would not be inclined to tangle with one. Yum!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I saw this on Motorweek the other day - seemed like they said AWD would be an option... maybe later.

best part about it I thought was the hemi's ability to seemlessly shut down 4 cylinders while cruising at highway speeds to conserve fuel - now that's pretty nice!

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Magnum looks ok.....if you compare it to the designes out there....it looks very very nice!!! LOL

The whole Hemi thing IMO is all a big hype....great for advertising....IMO its just another V8 present day Dodge......give me the original one!!!! Thats the $hit!!!

Auto<<<<<:thumbup:

Wagons I like however this thing and Pacifica are more like SUVs then Wagons.....and you dont want to hear my opinion on SUVs....

dapsteez said:
I agree with the roof bit.^^ I just wish it looked more like the original concept.
That never ever happens...with Domestic concepts. :(

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Thats what Im saying, when I saw the concept, I was in love.

But the changed the front end, made it look less "mean", I lost the love...

It went from this:

To this:

Again its subtle, going from projectors, to normal reflective headlights. And if you notice on the SRT-8 it has those little "eyebrows" above the projectors, that just make it look meanacing to me (thats the part I love).

The production is too "happy" looking.... :cry:

-Nick

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Scuba they should be there now, I think my Picture hoster was done for like a half hour.

let me know if you still can't see them.

-NIck

·
Registered
411 Posts
This is one of the few domestic cars that i was actually interested in, well until I found out that it was only going to be available with an automatic. I agree that it would look better if the rear didn't slope so much.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
My buddy just left a sizeable deposit at a local dealer for first pick of the litter.
He's thinking a black R/T, with deep tint windows.
He wife saw the superbowl commercial, and said "...go get one." (Nice wife, huh?)The rear slopes, but not as much as you think: the high rear fenders make it look much more dramatic.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
It seems that it's the upper rear window edge that slopes down, not the actual roofline....along with the rising quarters. Looks more tapered than it is. Although I have not seen one other than pics....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
passaturbonium
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing