1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I dont think its real but it definitly made me pee my pants :oops: .........wait, I didnt mean that :suspicio: :cry:

Thats shweet though! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
:cry: You scared me :cry:

I love the concept of ghosts :shock: I love to be scared watching those documentaries on ghosts and when they use the equipment to try and catch something :nervous: There are many who believe that heavy electro magnetic fields are to blame for what appear to be a ghostly presence. Even moved objects and air temp change. As well as what may appear to be apparitions. Probably due to either being close by power lines/plants or the make-up of what's in the earth like certain minerals.

I don't know, I kind of believe in ghosts :roll:

Edit-I noticed that after he says "Joe, pick up the ball" the 2nd time, the tape goes out for a second :suspicio: Video splice?

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Man, cool looking but obviously fake. Not only was the site hosting it a dead givaway on it's authenticity, I know how to do that video effect. Simple stuff really, but still cool looking.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
The last time I goofed around with it was on an old Avid editor on a Mac, but the concept is still the same and should work in Premiere or iMovie. Basically you have two sources, in this example the ghost and the soccer kid. The ghost is probably computer generated but you could film a person against green/blue screen too. The flicker on the ghost image is either a filter that simulates a low screen refresh, or you could manually adjust brightness/contrast/alpha channel on select frames to give it that flashing effect.

Anyway, once you have both segments you run them simultaneously as a/b tracks and reduce the saturation of the ghost track when you overlay it. It's similar to doing titles. Everything else was just scripted with the kid, camera dropping, etc.

EDIT - I forgot another thing it looks like the creator did was vary the playback speed on the ghost. Starting with 2/3 speed and accelerating to full speed or even a bit faster during the fly by.

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
jwil said:
The last time I goofed around with it was on an old Avid editor on a Mac, but the concept is still the same and should work in Premiere or iMovie. Basically you have two sources, in this example the ghost and the soccer kid. The ghost is probably computer generated but you could film a person against green/blue screen too. The flicker on the ghost image is either a filter that simulates a low screen refresh, or you could manually adjust brightness/contrast/alpha channel on select frames to give it that flashing effect.

Anyway, once you have both segments you run them simultaneously as a/b tracks and reduce the saturation of the ghost track when you overlay it. It's similar to doing titles. Everything else was just scripted with the kid, camera dropping, etc.

EDIT - I forgot another thing it looks like the creator did was vary the playback speed on the ghost. Starting with 2/3 speed and accelerating to full speed or even a bit faster during the fly by.

Dude that is cool!!! All I have is some ATI Software or that Win Movie Maker or whateever the hell it is. I might mess around with this stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
Darold2002
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing