Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to stevens creek audi a few months ago for an alignment. got my car back with a kinked steering wheel.
took it back two more times and they called and said they cant align it because my control arms are bad. (i just replaced the bushings on them 3 months prior)
so thinking these guys must know their stuff, i had all my control arms replaced.
then i take it back and they still cant align it. the next reason they said was the tie rods.so i had inner and outer tie rods replaced. took it back again and they still cant align it. they said for $100 we can do a inspection and find the problem. so i pay the $100 on top of the $200 i paid for alignment. they say its my steering rack.
with my car only having 70k miles at the time i was hesitant in having them replace it and took it to a family friend who works at a shop 2 hours away. as im waiting and having lunch nearby, he calls me and said "the audi dealer didnt even do an alignment on your car, either they didnt touch it at all, or their technician is an idiot"
he fixed my alignment and kinked steering wheel. and said my steering rack is fine. that the dummys at the dealer failed to adjust my tie rods when doing an alignment, and that the cause of the kinked wheel was them not bothering to touch the tie rods and being lazy.

when i called the dealer back and explained all of this, they didnt even offer an apology or partial refund or anything. they wasted my time and money and my car was in here for a total of 5 times and a few times had to stay overnight. and nothing was done. the service advisor said "well you arent planning to use it as a show car right? so the kinked steering wheel should be no problem"
UNPROFESSIONAL!

how can an audi dealership with factory trained techs be so poor? i feel they just took my money and took me for a sucker thinking i dont know anything about cars. i doubt they even touched my car or did any work. just let it sit there so i can pay up.

avoid this place if you can. the techs are all a bunch of kids that dont know what they are doing. or dont care enough to even do certain jobs.

·
I break for old people
7,533 Posts
Damn, never heard of the place but it seems like they put you through the ringer and din't even apologize or try to work out some form of compensation? :thumbdown:

Thank god it's not a stealership near me. Glad you got it worked out though.

·
Administrator
23,552 Posts
Call Audi consumer hotline and complain. They take that seriously. Just be calm and collected.

·
I break for old people
7,533 Posts
Call Audi consumer hotline and complain. They take that seriously. Just be calm and collected.
x2.

And if for some reason (which probably won't happen) if they don't take you seriously, call the BBB and report them. The mild threat of them usually gets a problem solved.

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
The service adviser said "well you aren't planning to use it as a show car right? So the kinked steering wheel should be no problem".
Unbelievable. Unacceptable. The top of my head would have exploded.

Follow the others advice. Stay calm, collected and professional.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks! im going to call after work today and see what happens.
i really appreciate the responses and help. its a shame the people who sell us these cars cant be as tight as the vag community is.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any response from Audi yet?
i didnt see this post til now.
sorry for the late reply.

i called audi hotline and explained my situation to this lady that called me back.
she just said "i understand and feel for you, i will file this as a complaint"
have not heard back from them yet.its been 3 months.

should i follow up? or did they basically blow me off?

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
I'd follow up on it.

There have been a few threads talking about how to climb the chain of command with a complaint and try to get your story heard by someone with the power to make a solution happen. I can't think of the specific threads but I know it's something I've read on here from time to time. Maybe try some searches and reading to see if you can uncover any of those threads.

What the lady on the phone said sounds like an "appeasement" she's instructed to give out in order to make a customer feel like they've been heard.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea thats exactly how i felt it went.
she listened to my story, acted like she felt bad for me and my situation, and then just said she is filing it as a complaint against stevens creek audi.

another thing i thought was wrong with the dealer, was their service adviser assigned to me.
he was clearly dyslexic. i told him my car was pulling to the right, he wrote down that my car was pulling to the left. i told him i noticed a knocking sound later on coming from the front passenger side, he wrote down that there was a knocking from the rear driver side. basically everything i told him he wrote completely opposite. this was the same guy that asked me if my car was a show car and that i should not worry about the condition they gave my car back in. with the kinked steering wheel.

this is a bad look for them, because if tomorrow i get a promotion or a raise and decide i wantto buy myself and my family a brand new audi, would i buy it from them?
i got better service at capitol volkswagen when i would go buy parts from them. the guy at the service counter was super cool and even recommended i go on vwvortex and get DIY's to fix things myself, and to browse the classifieds because i could get killer deals from members. that was truly a good thing he did,and by that you can tell he was a true VAG enthusiast and not just out to rip people off that love these cars. i never got that kind of love from the audi dealer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Reading this kind of situation infuriates me. When i've found a great mechanic, i post a review on cartalk.com. Credit given where credit is due. 4 this kind of unprofessional service, this requires perserverance. Articulate ur issues in a printed post to audi / vw corporate hq's with cc's 2 the ftc ( federal trade commission & the bbb ). Make sure audi / vw knows ur alerting those watchdog agencies. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts