Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I've bought engine and transmission mounts, pcv kits, a couple other silicone intake hoses, and other misc odds and ends.

Haven't had a problem with them or their company. When I ordered the pcv kit, they forgot to put a couple parts into the box. I called and they immediately sent out the missing parts.

Their silicone intake hoses are kind of flimsy. That's my only dislike so far about them.

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
My recent experiences with the parts sales team at 034 has prompted me to make the same decision. There are plenty of other places that sell the same exact things at the same or better prices. Unless I need some specific 034-only part, they are the last place I'll be spending my money. I rarely find it necessary to make a decision like this. A company has got to be consistently disappointing before I write them off. 034 Motorsports has made my short list in this regard.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
I gotta tell everyone here, these guys in the past were solid as titanium. if the OP and others have a problem with them, I strongly suggest they take it up with the management there. I've talked with the owner in the past - including him making a phonecall directly to me to assure me of a part in question.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Yeah you guys are right; I'm not defending them.

There are tons of bad experiences had by many customers. Their shipping dept. is pretty bad as well.

I know of other shops just like this. Seem to have an impeccable reputation online, yet you can find plenty of customers with horror stories.. Sucks!

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
I find it amusing that this thread and the thread praising ECS are back-to-back with feedback that I just wouldn't expect to be the case. In my experience the opposite would be applicable. That's not to say I'm defending one or attacking the other but readers of both threads should just be weary and your mileage may vary.

:wrench:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
I gotta tell everyone here, these guys in the past were solid as titanium.
...feedback that I just wouldn't expect to be the case. In my experience the opposite would be applicable.
Those are my thoughts exactly. Their reputation is exactly why I kept going back for more. I finally had my fill and gave up. Expensive lesson learned.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I've never had a problem with them, I bought many parts from them and it was nice because they were so close, so shipping was not an issue. Perhaps service is a different story, I've never had them work on my car, but they've been OK to me. That said, I haven't bought parts from them (or any VW/Audi shop) for quite awhile.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ecs. Jhm. Etc.. there are lots of companies that sell aftermarket vag parts. I was more upset with their service department rather than their online shop. But if you do some research a lot of people have had bad luck ordering from them online as well. Such as receiving incomplete orders or the parts never arriving and no refund being issued

·
Registered
11 Posts
034 ms

I have been doing business with them for about two years on a regular basis. They have excellent customer service and our shop stocks there PCV Hose kits for most 1.8t models. The last few big turbo builds that we have completed have had a lot of 034 goodies. My Stage III A6 2.7t has the solid mounts, DVs, Downpipes and I have had no problems...

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,871 Posts
FWIW, I haven't had any issues so far with the 034 PCV upgrade kit, and the street density strut mounts are great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts