Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be sending my engine covers to be painted and i want to be able to drive the car when the covers are off. I know i need the snorkel tube to be there, but other then that what covers are a neccestity to have when driving???
TIA
Jordan

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
No, just for looks. However if you take off the timing belt cover make sure that the coolant and vacume lines (or anything else for that matter) don't rub against the belt and or pulleys.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Scuba2001 said:
So, if he removes the cover on the rear firewall covering the cabin air filter, he isnt going to have water seep into the cabin if it rains, will he?
I don't think so .. the B5 didn't even have the cover .. and the cover has holes in it and isn't water proof .

·
Registered
667 Posts
The B5's also had an entire box for the cabin filter, so yes if it is raining do not drive without that rear cover, if you do, be prepaired to replace your cabin air filter because it could get wet.

Just my $.02
big byrd

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
big byrd said:
The B5's also had an entire box for the cabin filter, so yes if it is raining do not drive without that rear cover, if you do, be prepaired to replace your cabin air filter because it could get wet.

Just my $.02
big byrd
Is this the same for the B5.5???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts