Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out if I have a Monsoon sound system in my car but I dont know if it has one or not. Is there an easy way to tell :???:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Look at the radio. It will have a Monsoon symbol on it. If youhave a sedan the Monsoon amp will be under the rear deck, if it's a variant it will be in the changer area on the driver's side in the rear. Last, if it's a Monsoon system the display will say "Monsoon" in the display when you turn the car on.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
As Paul said... if you look at the slot where you insert the cassette, it says Monsoon on the cassette door. It also lights up Monsoon on the display every time you turn on the stereo.

I'm guessing you don't have a Monsoon... otherwise you'd have noticed these things.

Jimmy :)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
JimmyDee said:
As Paul said... if you look at the slot where you insert the cassette, it says Monsoon on the cassette door. It also lights up Monsoon on the display every time you turn on the stereo.

I'm guessing you don't have a Monsoon... otherwise you'd have noticed these things.

I believe only the newer Passats have the Monsoon logo on the cassette door. My 2003 does not, but 2003.5 seem to all have it. 2003.5 also do not have lights in the air vents like the 2003 do.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn it! It doesnt but why is there a booklet on how to operate it in the manual folder! :mad: Or do the all come with the booklet no matter what?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
They all come with the booklet.
I just bought my Passat about a month ago, and it came with 3 stereo booklets. One for the double DIN stereo that I have, one for the double DIN Monsoon that I don't have, and one more for the single DIN unit that I also don't have...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.