Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Confused
3,561 Posts
Gordo - thanks SO MUCH for this writeup. I did it today for $17 and 20min. It really makes a big difference on the front end and you really dont have to worry about it if it gets damaged...MODS...STICKY THIS ONE!!!!
Let's see some pics of yours!

·
Registered
472 Posts
you ask and you shall receive:
99 B5 V6:

I will post better ones later...these are from this morning with my iPhone. It survived a 35 mile commute this morning too...Very very pleased with this DIY Mod!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I couldn't agree more: best looking (and dirt cheap) mod ever!

I ended up using glue for mine though, 3M tape wasn't sticky enough even after thorough cleaning.

This mod adds a little 'je ne sais quoi' to the front of my 99 AEB tip black wagon, love it!

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
From an aesthetics standpoint, it looks great in the pictures I've seen so far. :thumbup: For that alone, it's worthwhile.

From a functional standpoint, does it maintain shape at high speeds or does it get folded under by the air pressure? You'd need to have someone in another car (with a spotter) drive along side you at highway+ speeds to know.

If you get a chance to try this, post up your observations. Please don't get in an accident trying this. It's not really that important.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
you ask and you shall receive:
99 B5 V6:

I will post better ones later...these are from this morning with my iPhone. It survived a 35 mile commute this morning too...Very very pleased with this DIY Mod!
I think this looks even better on a B5! Thanks for the pics :thumbup:

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Ya know.....I've had a C-Bar, named after it's maker, so I've dubbed this....the "Gordo lip". Super easy and turned out great! Now...If I could only make my driveway less of a 60 degree angle......

·
Registered
329 Posts
hot damn. i'm doing this to my eurogear front bumper.. i was gonna pay a body shop hella $$ for a custom lip but hell.. i think the Gordo front lip would suffice. Thanks for the write up! :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts