Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my buddy wants to HID all the light bulbs on his FK headlights.
Yes that means 3 HID kits for a total of 6 ballasts, H7 X 2 @ 4300K and H3 @ 3000K for the fogs.
So here I was installing the HID capsules and figuring where I will start to drill and pass some wiring. He is an idiot when it comes to electrical wiring so I will try to make this as plug and play as possible for him.

here are some pictures for you members that missed my pictures.

i did not know Depo made the lights for FK.

plug for electrical levellers

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That's pretty cool. What I really like about these headlights is that the adjustment knob seems to be metal so it won't break as easily. So these are DEPOs?

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's pretty cool. What I really like about these headlights is that the adjustment knob seems to be metal so it won't break as easily. So these are DEPOs?
Well he bought FK's and inside the box I find that they are made by DEPO for FK.

Still made in germany and still much better quality in material and build.

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so u didnt have to modify the headlight to fit HID bulb? is that an H1 bulb
you get the bulb base you need for the headlight.
if you need H7 you get H7
if you need H3 you get H3
if you need H1 you get H1

there is nothing hard to figure out if you get the same bulb bases that your headlights requires, it is only when you start mixing bases to fit another base.

all plug and play.

·
Registered
731 Posts
thats awesome.. u really are an HID genious though. Easy to you may be painful for other :lol:

Any pics of them on? :D
Also, Did you put the yellow in the headlight not the fogs? was it the inner/ high-beam spot?

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Great photos! I'd like to do this on my camry. Some folks at toyotanation insist that you get much better performance with a made-for-hid projector bowl swapped in to replace a made-for-halogen projector.

What's been your experience? I'd like to minimize the install process and keep costs down, but am wondering if a full projector swap is really worth it.

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great photos! I'd like to do this on my camry. Some folks at toyotanation insist that you get much better performance with a made-for-hid projector bowl swapped in to replace a made-for-halogen projector.

What's been your experience? I'd like to minimize the install process and keep costs down, but am wondering if a full projector swap is really worth it.
i also sell projector kits that install into your reflector housing headlight.
i will take pictures of this too for all you guys.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
i also sell projector kits that install into your reflector housing headlight.
i will take pictures of this too for all you guys.
What I mean is, there is apparently a difference between a halogen projector and a hid projector. Generally the same, but they say that the halogen projector has a fluted bowl while the hid projector has a smooth one.

not to be confused with a halogen reflector that's found in B5s. The camry has halogen projectors like the B5.5.

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I mean is, there is apparently a difference between a halogen projector and a hid projector. Generally the same, but they say that the halogen projector has a fluted bowl while the hid projector has a smooth one.

not to be confused with a halogen reflector that's found in B5s. The camry has halogen projectors like the B5.5.
i got another thread in the GB section for HID projectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts