Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually this adaptor harness does not exist on the market and it is another first DIY for PassatWorld. I do not only sell HID but also perform R&D for items like this as well.

A stock 1997 Civic uses 9003 dual filament halogen bulb fitted into a single headlight housing.

But in my situation I have changed the stock headlight housings to dual headlight assemblies. Meaning that there is a single bulb for high and single bulb for low. On top to make things a little more complicated I have fitted HID H1 6000K capsules into the low beams, whilst leaving the halogen H1 bulb for the high beams. So what kind of plug do you need to interface the stock OEM plug to give output to the HID and halogen bulb without cutting and splicing wires???

this the plug that came with the TYC projector lights. Blue is for low beam 12V+, black is ground -, and Red is for highbeams.

so this is what i came up with

you will need 6 H4 nylon connectors

you will need 14 female terminals

some two conductior wires preferably UL tested in Canada

I cut them into four 12 inch strips

removed about 2 inch of insulator exposing the two conductor wires. Black is for ground and white is 12V+

strip off about 6mm of insulator from each conductor wire

cut out the terminals

use the terminal and crimp all the white wires individually

for the black you will need to combine on pair of black conductors together into one crimp for one side. This one will be inserted in the connector that will be interfaced with the stock OEM plug.

prepare to insert the terminals into the H4 connectors

installation of terminals for the OEM connector. top white is for low beam 12V+, right white is for high beam 12V+, and black is ground.

make sure you have the other high and low beam H4 connectors oriented correctly.

H4 connector to OEM connector. you can see all three terminals.

Hi and Low connectors.
Hi goes to the TYC H4 connector while the Low goes to the input side for the HID relay harness.

For the H4 connectors to OEM you will need these spades since both are females

spades inserted

all this took was about 10 minutes with the right tools and a basic knowledge in wiring.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this adapter is used to make a single bulb headlamp system into a dual bulb headlamp system.
It is plug and play and can be easily reversed if needed.
also going to a dual bulb headlamp system i can reactivate the day time driving lights as Honda uses the high beams at reduced voltage.

I'm very satisfied with this lighting setup but need to get color matched high beam halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Basically I just need the brass female terminals for some projects but I can take a couple of black connectors off your hand too. How many of those terminals do you have? I am new on this board and I am not allowed to send PM's until I have 5+ posts. Not sure if I can receive PM's though...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got the PM. Sorry still can't send or reply to it. I'll take 42 terminals. Will pass the black plugs for now as I don't really have a use for them. The terminals are exactly as shown in the pictures, right? Do you still have them in links? These seem to be the best quality I've seen. Please PM for payment info. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.