Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there places in the towns or cities that you live that allow for DIY work? If so, list those in your area. I used to use DIYGARAGEINDY when I lived in the Indianapolis area. Great experience and safe to work on your own vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
As in....you 'rent' a garage space to work on your car?
If so, yeah, that would be nice....especially if they had some basic equipment that everyone could share.

When I was in the AF, the base had a 'garage' you could use. Rent was by the hour...something like $1/hr. It was great because they had lifts and some other basic equipment.

Now days? I think it would be a hard thing to keep in business. Especially when someone hoses their car and it won't run....

If you don't have a personal garage, I feel your pain. I won't make you feel bad by telling you I have a 2-story garage....and seriously, don't feel bad. The bottom floor is full of wood working tools....and,....my jeep won't fit anyway....it's too tall. I have to work on it in the drive. On a positive note....my garage is detached...and behind our house....so I have plenty of room for my jeep and Passat.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Those base hobby garages were great, but haven’t seen anything similar in the civilian world. Nothing stops you from talking to shop owners to see if they’ll rent their lifts out on closed days, but something tells me insurance concerns might be a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts