Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Game I just got a 2000 passat and am lookin to make mods I want to get the performavce of a diverter valve but I still want the t cool sound blow offs make what should I do?

· Banned
8,301 Posts
kimbote said:
...I noticed increased throttle response and still had the cool sound.
Haha I have to disagree with this. I have the HKS as well, and whenever I have the BOV in place, it doesn't give me any increased throttle response. Granted, it may give you a little better seal with you are boosting, but when you let up of the gas(for a manual car) and go to shift, it takes longer for the turbo to re-spool as that air was vented outside. Usually, the air would go back into the manifold, and would take less time(we are talking seconds here) to spool back up for the next gear. Just my .02.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
If you want a DV that will work with your Passat and not cause problems get a full plumb back Go Fast Bits DV. Don't get the hybrid unless you are all about making noise and not going fast. My plumb back GFB valve is plenty loud, some kids at the drag strip last night thought it sounded pretty cool. I guess it is one of the louder valves out there but seems to be better designed than the Forge or Bailey valves.

Oh Ed my clear corners gave me better throttle response and got rid of that damn ring around the collar!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it sounds like I should go for the dv and It will still be louder than teh stock and give me the performance edge I am looking for

· Registered
242 Posts
"full plumb back Go Fast Bits DV" ?

Is this really a DV, if so where can i buy it?

· Registered
734 Posts
Just to throw my $0.02 into the pile...

I just put my GFB Hybrid (50% BOV & 50% DV) on yesterday. It by far surpasses the stock DV in every way. I have no cels and get an AWESOME "WHOOOOOOSH" sound when i'm in full boost. I cannot quote on comparison to the Baileys or Forge (which i hear are better for performance than the Hybrid) but i feel no 'lag' or drawbacks with the Hybrid. Of course i've only had it installed properly for 1 day. With a little more adjusting (you can adjust the spring tension on the piston, NOT the sound and NOT the amount recirculated; the GFB Stealth valve can adjust both of those) i'm sure i'll be even happier with the valve. So in the end, i get the sound and better performance over stock. So for now i give a :thumbup: .

FWIW i have a 99 1.8T manual sedan GLS /w APR chip & HKS SMF intake.

· Registered
408 Posts
Just gonna throw my opinion in here...i have my turbo-xs rbv 25, and absolutely love it...you dont get the 100% blow off sound i used to get from my greddy on my old turbo neon, but with an intake/open filter, you will get that distict "whoosh" with just about any dv you choose...i chose the turbo-xs because of the great rep. ive heard through friends that have it, and just by seeing how well it is built...

jm2c

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.