Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 B5.5 Passat 1.8t tiptronic
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I scheduled a tune for this Friday at my local APR dealer. I’m running a forge 008 diverter valve that was put on in November. I probably have about 5k miles on it with stock boost and I’m currently running the green spring. Do I need to swap this spring out for the higher boost levels I will be seeing with my 93 tune? I assume I will be running about 17-18 psi max with stage 1. Thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey guys, so I scheduled a tune for this Friday at my local APR dealer. I’m running a forge 008 diverter valve that was put on in November. I probably have about 5k miles on it with stock boost and I’m currently running the green spring. Do I need to swap this spring out for the higher boost levels I will be seeing with my 93 tune? I assume I will be running about 17-18 psi max with stage 1. Thoughts?
Also, yes I know there are many threads about this topic but there are many different opinions on it. I just want to run the safest spring possible and don’t want to risk any damage to my turbo. I just need some opinions for those who have been running tunes for some time.

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,124 Posts
Just run the normal spring for now and see what it does. Worst case, it opens too easily. Boost is also controlled by the N75 valve. If the DV can't bleed it off, the N75 will open the wastegate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just run the normal spring for now and see what it does. Worst case, it opens too easily. Boost is also controlled by the N75 valve. If the DV can't bleed it off, the N75 will open the wastegate.
Is there any way I can tell that my diverter valve is opening too easily without running a boost gauge? I plan on getting one soon but for now it has to wait

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,124 Posts
You may get fluctuating boost, but honestly on mine, the base spring works just fine with my APR 93 tune and has for 15 years

Reactions: Adam Wentzel
1 - 5 of 5 Posts