Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to change my DV here in a few days. My question is about the vaccum line that runs up to the top of the engine. Mine looks like the original braided line. Upon visual inspection, it "looks" like it's in good shape, but should it be okay to use with the new valve, or should I replace it?? If so, what is the size and exactly what is it called?

Another quick question. Exactly what does "surging" feel like?? When I'm in 2nd gear accelerating, I get a rough accleration and it feels like it jumps a little bit. Not smooth. Is this what "surging" is?? If so, I'll be glad to see it gone!! Thanks,

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hosetechniques.com, they have a large variety of sizes, someone else chime in I cant remember the mm, but i switched to the silicon hose. might as well, because later on you will be trying to figure out a leak, and if you dont have a guage or vag you will just get used to having less power.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I replaced the same vacuum hose with a silicone hose when I installed my TT diverter valve. ECS Tuning sells the proper silicone hose for $1.79 per foot. I purchase a six foot piece and had some left over.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think I may have a bit of surging as well. I have a 2004.5 1.8t variant. I will be interested to know the answer to this. It was my usnderstanding that the newer B5.5s had an upgraded DV, please let me know it this is incorrect. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
jjasper13 said:
Another quick question. Exactly what does "surging" feel like?? When I'm in 2nd gear accelerating, I get a rough accleration and it feels like it jumps a little bit. Not smooth. Is this what "surging" is?? If so, I'll be glad to see it gone!! Thanks,

Jonathan
It seems like the same feeling for me. I just got my 99b5 chipped and it feels the same way in 2nd...anyone got the answer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts