Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More for the japanese car lovers... but still this show on Discovery last night brings new light to hopefully their being more shows for car enthusiasts.

Looking forward to seeing what will be on next week for this spot...

any comments... or what?

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
I was pissed. It is depressing watching them totally tune a car, and the chick being a dipshit.

I would love to have $10,000 worth of sponsorship with $5,000 worth of work on my car. But, I wouldn't go bragging if I had a drag coming up. She didn't deserve it. Also, she was arguing about sponsorship labelling. She needs a reality check.

I will put up my Passat for this show. And I will represent better than she did in that tricked out Honda. She got the doors blown off her. 2 seconds in a 1/8th mile track. She would have lost by 4 seconds or more in 1/4 mile.

Other than my jealousy and being pissed at the stupid woman (divorcing over her bad dragging career) for being an idiot, I thought the show was entertaining.

I would like to see more episodes just with my car featured.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No telling how the 1/4 mile would have gone...

I agree with the womans installers and would rightfully be pissed that she detailed everything about the install in the parking lot and also on the web. Kinda defeats the purpose of whats up the sleeve when it comes to street racing (even on the track). They did mention that she was just a little too excited and didn't realize (read naive) that what she did would hurt her in the end. I think out of the 2 of them she had the better prepped car vs. the talon though.

With such a short track the nitrous would have been used differently as they might not have even got to the final gearing to use it properly.

I'm not sure if and when they might feature german cars.. but I don't think that it will be a Passat. We are a small minority that believe in the Passat and love it for whatever reason.

I'm thinking that possibly a Jetta/Golf would be in that lineup if the show continues.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I felt bad for the girl's tuners. I wanted her to win just for their sake (if it were just based on her - I woulda wanted her to lose).

The other team was full of popmous braggarts. They were assholes to a large extent. Fake as shit too. The girl's team on the other had seemed to be much more refined & classy. I wish they two teams switched cars/drivers.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Yeah, watched the show.
Figures, gotta be typical ricer cars. Talk about stereotypical, Honda Civic (probably dx) and putting in a new engine and all mods which cost more than the car itself. Why can't they just go with a real muscle car :crazy: . At least with the Talon they pretty much worked with what its got.
And another thing, is this all there is to racing over there...the quarter mile (or in this case 1/8th) They should put the car in a real race around the track. That would really show the skill of the driver and car.

Funny though how they showcase 2 differnt style tuners. One was all tech and the other was all talk. In the end its most likely the girl driver that lost the race. not so much the car. If she were driving the Talon she still would have lost.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
It's disturbing how they were talking about racing having such an effect on their marriage. WTF. She was too pompous talking about what her car had AND posting it on the internet. What a n00b. :thumbdow: I wanted to see a more indepth show that talked about what they were actually putting in the cars.

·
Registered
696 Posts
That was painful to watch.. ALL THAT for ONE 1/8 mile run? :mad: ohhhh nooooo

I think the girls team was too easy on her. Too much fake praise and asskissing "oh she's a girl, and she knows more than all of us..." riiiiiight :roll:

The competition was unfair and piss-poor.. it should have been FWD vs FWD or AWD vs. AWD. I'm willing to bet a stock turbo-talon awd with a 50 shot could have beat that civic. I missed the first 10 minutes thought.. how did they choose the cars? were they drunk when they did it? :crazy:

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I KNOW... I don't get the format :???: the tuners have 36 hours to complete the car? then why is it that the honda got finished days before the Eagle? Who pays for all the stuff? Is is all sponsored? I want in too if companies are just gonna give away their stuff
These shows are so unreal
Just like Jesse James' Monster Garage. They are suppose to have a budget of $3000 yet they hardly spend any of it yet get soo many parts. Don't tell me those Chrome bling bling wheels are just laying around the warehouse :???:

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE... FREEBIE...

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Does Jesse James get to pocket the balance of the $3k?
I feel sorry for the other workers who end up only getting a toolbox. "Ooohhh looks just like my toolbox back in my shop. EBAY!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts