Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the WLED-6's from superbrightleds.com and I am not sure what all the hype is about. These things have a pinpoint bright light, and they don't do much to light up the relector housing like the halogens. I switched back to a 6 watt marine wedge bulb, which does a much better job of lighting the housing, and in my opinion, looks better with my HID's.

I have 4 of the leds and if anyone wants them, PM me and I will ship the whole lot in regular mail for $10. I paid about $19, including shipping, from superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
108 Posts
I pulled my WLED-6s for the exact same reason - didn't light up the reflector housing as well as the stock W5W bulbs.

Where did you get the 6 Watt bulbs?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ubergeek said:
I pulled my WLED-6s for the exact same reason - didn't light up the reflector housing as well as the stock W5W bulbs.

Where did you get the 6 Watt bulbs?
I got the 6 watt bulbs from http://www.danielsternlighting.com. I believe he calls them w6wx, or something like that. Just email him and tell him that you are looking to upgrade a w5w bulb. He claims they put out about 50% more light. I compared the 6 watters vs stock at night, and there is a noticable difference.

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
where else in/on the car can we use the wedges for? i have some extra led wedges laying around. as for the 6led look, i drive around having 6led citylights and fogs on, disabled DRL. euroswitch is nice.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the w6 wedge bulb and even my wife noticed improved clarity in driving a lenghty distance on a dark road last evening...to each there own. I got several compliments on the look whilewaiting to leave a parking lot at an outdoor concert lastnight (DMB) I like the fact that they dont flood the housing with light. I dont want them to light the road that's what my headlights are for. They don't distract from my Hoen lowbeams like the factory city did. For the short $$ I am pleased, but again to each their own!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.