Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that after next year, new diesel vehicles under 10000gvwr will no longer be legal for sale in massachusetts due to emmision testing problems or something. i'll never get to have a tdi??

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
that's what the guy at brookline VW told me too just a few weekends ago. right after i read that Mass was/is adhering to the Cali emissions and the TDI didn't pass those tests.

sucks huh? i won't even get going about how unfair this is.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
talk to my service manager. At some point Mass will get the diesels, they just haven't completed/passed testing. But they don't know when, so conceivably, it could be forever. But with VW coming out with a quite a few diesels in their new lineup, you can bet that they will do everything they can to sell in all 50 states.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Expect it to be at least 2006. You know what they say: "Garbage in, garbage out". In this case, garbage diesel. :) Plus it sounds like CA emissions requirements are going to be getting very unfairly harsh against diesels. Probably harsher on particulates than greenhouse gases. But with the better diesel the nice new clean diesel engines will hopefully be making it to all states. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts