Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I break for old people
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around on the web for a model/ kit for the B5.5, found an assembled one. Anyone know of sites to get ones you can build yourself? Seems like it'd be a fun little project.

This site has assembled B5.5/ B5s sedans & variants, kinda cool.

Welly Die Casting Factory Limited

Suggestions on other sites would be awesome! :salute:

·
Wants to be TheFlipperGray
7,322 Posts
Try and find mini air bags and program an Arduino to air out/up the bags. I plan on trying this when I find the right peddle car ;)

·
Confused
3,561 Posts
I have the Welly 1/18 scale model in black. I was able to switch out the wheels for some 5 spoke AMG wheels as well as a BBK with red calipers. The MB wheels had a lower offset (which solved the need for spacers) and was a bit bigger in diameter (which reduced wheel gap):

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,745 Posts

·
rockin the nasty azz exhaust tips yo!!
1,526 Posts
I have the Welly 1/18 scale model in black. I was able to switch out the wheels for some 5 spoke AMG wheels as well as a BBK with red calipers. The MB wheels had a lower offset (which solved the need for spacers) and was a bit bigger in diameter (which reduced wheel gap):
Does it have any springs for the suspension or is it fixed? I'm thinking of getting one and making it a miniature copy of mine. Of course that means I need to lower it :)

Also, I'm assuming yours has the v6 engine as well? I cant find any models with the 1.8.

Last, How is the body held to the bottom of the model? Is it with screws or rivets? I'd want to take it apart and paint the interior gray and black...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awosome ...i have in my collection 2 1/18 B5.5 Passats 2 1/24 B5.5 Passats and 1 1/43 Passat variant...

I have "tunned" one of each 1/18 & 1/24 scale model Passats ....paint, rims&tires, interior...

Thaks Welly!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts