Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from the 'bastard cd companies who charged too much over the years' ?

ie, the calif. state attorney general said that we all get $13.86 if we once bought a cd - and overpaid (ie, all of us) ;)

how funny. wow, what ON EARTH can I do with such a huge settlement?

quick, alert the presses. I'm now $13.86 richer.

;)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and even more, I got my $300+ back from ahhhnald. a car tax rebate of some sorts.

whoopee! good day to open my snailmail ;)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pacent said:
I got my 13.86 check a couple of days ago. I think you needed to register at www.musiccdsettlement.com a year ago. Money for almost nothing...woohoo!!
thing is, I own more than 400 cd's (give or take). so that means the 'justice dept' thinks that I overpaid by 13.86/400 = 0.034 or about 3cents per cd too much.

yeah right! I overpaid by maybe half. if the cd prices were more realistic, that is.

this doesn't even give me ONE FREE CD.

free money? but at what cost? did the 'bad guy's pay enough for their crime? I don't think so. I think they're laughing HARD at us...

record execs: "look, we let people buy 400 cd's a full price and about 10 yrs later, we kick one cd back to them. sign me up! say, which congresscritters do we have to payroll to get this to happen?"

sigh.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PlatzDa said:
Got mine last week - not buying any frickin' CDs with it either! Just more liquor!
say ... I'm SURE I overpaid for my liquor, in the past, over the years, too..

when's THAT check gonna get here, huh? answer me that. answer me!

;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
torid110
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing