Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, quick question regarding B5.5 Passat. I might be going to look at a Passat on the weekend. But its advertised as a SE... However it has the 3 spoke sport steering wheels and the 16" alloys. Could these be an optional extra on the SE?

Pics:

Thanks for any help, and its on UK car :beer:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what im thinking Elton. out of interest how much would you put a price on that? auto, 58k FWVSH etc?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmmm good point Elton you have thrown some light onto this!!! haha, the car is advertised as a TDI... obviously not one in pic then. Hmmm suspect.

Car is advertised as 1.9tdi se 130bhp obviously not the above. urgh i hate people who do that!

Dont know of any nice ones going for sale? pref sport and auto?

How is your car Elton? Dont suppose you remember me from ealier last year when i had my 1.9tdi S? pic:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Autotrader do use an alternative pic if you don't have one to supply them with or have their photographer take one of the actual car.That is definately a Sport model and newer than 2002 as well.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes i remember, even before i read your post in the euro section.
This car is not a 130 TDI, the 4cyl diesel rev counter only goes up to 5000 rpm. (not sure about the v6)
Mines lowered now, and ive changed the wheels (again), there must be lots for you to choose from?, i could try and convince you to buy mine, but the miles are a tad more than you want (147k), and its 6sp manual not auto, but you know you want this interior. :D :D :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for info guys:

Coldo what tells you its newer than 02?

Elton look mint as usual!!!!

tbh i dont mind if auto or 6speed just really fancy an auto atm

Max mileage i want is 80k really..... would like a sport etc and would love one with the half leather but quite hard to come by for sensible money. I was gutted i missed out on a nice sport 52plate 78k parking sensors and few other extras for 5.1k :( :(

Ideally my budget is 6k

·
Registered
503 Posts
Coldo what tells you its newer than 02?
The aero wipers were introduced in August 2001 actually, also the 12v cap in the boot is different (spring loaded), and the stereo and climate moved positions in the centre dash to accomodate the 6 disc in dash option. At the same time the cylinders heads moved from germany to poland.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm cool. Im just going of what i remember from my old one, but that was only a lowly S 100bhp tdi :( was still cracking car though.

Just finding the right one now! lol

·
Registered
831 Posts
The aero wipers were introduced in August 2001 actually, also the 12v cap in the boot is different (spring loaded), and the stereo and climate moved positions in the centre dash to accomodate the 6 disc in dash option. At the same time the cylinders heads moved from germany to poland.
I think it was mid 02 for the aero wipers actually.. i have an 02 w/ the old wiper assembly instead of the aeros. just fyi... i could be wrong though

·
Registered
503 Posts
I think it was mid 02 for the aero wipers actually.. i have an 02 w/ the old wiper assembly instead of the aeros. just fyi... i could be wrong though
My mates got a 51 plate, with all the things i mentioned above (including the polish head :D ), so that was my conclusion, his was registered in sept 2001. :thumbup:

Mine was registered march 2001 and has the normal wipers and a german engine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers Elton; Just tried phoning on the nmber is ringing and ringing. Always said i would never buy car from supermart dealer...... but if it got right spec i dont mind.

Still nothing on trader today :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts