Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
therockshow182 said:
:thumbup: Looks awesome... do you ahve any tips for self-tinting you tails, because I'm looking to do that soon 8)
I used the plastic model transparent spray (RC294) to tint it. U want a uniform spread of paint, so I used the cap and placed it under the two taillights so they tilt at an angle.

Just move your hands in a uniform horizontally back and forth and make sure u go beyond the parts your're painting. After I buffed it with some super fine polishing compound, I just waxed it and that's how it's done.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Darin45 said:
what compound???

Darin
Sup Darin! Long time no see! I remember the last time I saw u was @ the boost gauge install in Orange County a few years back ;)

Anyway, I used some 3M polishing compound with a damp terry towel. Didn't know the exact part number, becos the bodyshop just squirt a couple drops on a ziplock bag for me. Then I used the 3M Plastic Cleaner, PN 39017 to make it shiny.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.