Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm looking to buy a diagnostic tool that can reset lights and service needs (incl oil change) and also provides live data (looking for intake temperature for example). Are there any cheap tools that you all would recommend? Ideally <$100

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of my friend got this: Smart Vehicle Health Monitor Mini
I think you can't use this to reset your service interval, but it can be good for scan and live data, and now it's free because of some kind of marketing strategy. It's worth a try.

A bit overkill, but it's a great tool and you can do almost everything with it: US $96.56 32% OFF|XTOOL Anyscan A30 OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tools With Andriods/IOS Car Code Reads Full systems Diagnostic Multi Car brads Free update|Car Diagnostic Cables & Connectors| - AliExpress (xTool A30) I am not sure about the correct currency exchange rate, but it's around 98 USD (?).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing! The first one from Zus I have already but it's pretty limited beyond showing codes and some data.

The second one you sent seems good but I have never heard of it and it seems to only have a small number of reviews. Do you have it for your passat?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used it for my father's cars (older renault and opel), and after a year I sold it to him. And now I have Ross-Tech VAG-COM, so I don't have experience with VW, sorry. :/
But you can check if it would work with your car: OBD,Auto Diagnosis, Car Scanner,Auto Diagnostic Tools

Also there are other brands that worth a check, like Launch and Foxwell.
I have a cheap launch diag tool (I think Creader V+) in my toolbox, it can do the basic things.
Launch has a similar tool like the xTool A30: US $49.17 50% OFF|LAUNCH Thinkdriver Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Automotive OBD 2 IOS Car Diagnostic Code Reader OBD Android Scanner PK Thinkdiag AP200|Code Readers & Scan Tools| - AliExpress It's looks like a decent tool, but it has one downside, as the desc says you have to pay other $9.95 for all service reset functions. (https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/H3e076ad8dadd430487647625de67d5d3p.jpg)
Also here is a Foxwell tool around $99 - US $89.51 34% OFF|Foxwell NT630 Plus OBD2 Automotive Scanner Engine Check ABS SRS Airbag SAS Reset Crash Data ODB OBD 2 Auto Car Diagnostic Tool|car obd2|obd2 diagnosticscanner tools - AliExpress

There are a few reviews about those tools on youtube:
- Launch ThinkDriver
- Launch ThinkDriver

- FoxWell NT630 Plus

Just to be clear, I'm just a DIY guy not a professional mechanic nor sponsored by any brand. I'm sure others can give you more detailed review and advice than me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts