Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not there, but I wish that I were ...

Holden Efijy (supercharged LS2)

Anything at the show caught your eye yet?

·
is a sweetheart
3,056 Posts
They had that car on CNBC the other night, the Johnny Deutsch (sp?) show was interviewing Bob Lutz right in front of that car. Absolutely stunning vehicle, the paint job alone was awe inspiring. Of course Putz had to be a dumbass; he was making a comment about how Holden personnel did this design study for free and then he said "hopefully we didn't provide any of the funds for the material, ha, ha, ha". What a douche. Here is one of the most gorgeous, impressively put together concept cars (done by volunteers) and he's pissing about not spending any money on supplies for it. He must be trying to save money for the next GM SUV. Gee, I hope his bonus doesn't get affected this year. :thumbdown

·
Registered
436 Posts
From the first time I ever saw the Efijy (pictures of it were released over a year ago and its been shown before) I wished that it would be made as a real modern day hotrod from production. If that ever made it over here I would buy one in a heartbeat. I wouldnt care if it made no financial sense, its one of the most beautiful cars ever created. The fact that it would never pass our wonderful safety standards and doing so would destroy its lines is the only bad thing about it. Make it less high tech (no color changing LED break lights) and price it around what a corvette costs and these things would sell like hotcakes.

Suppliers donated a lot of the stuff that went into the car and most of the labor was donated too. I read somewhere that it cost around $200K australian to build. Which for a concept car of this caliber is amazing. To actually pay to do it, Holden would have had to spend $1.5 million.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
That was my favorite car at the show there by FAR...it was diagonal from Maserati, Bently, Lambo, RR, and Ferrari, but still drew a LOT of attention.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts