Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I sold a set like that a while back. It took a while to find a buyer which was surprising. But yeah, they are hard to find in that condition now. What really eats me is finding nice seats in the junkyard with a transmission sitting in the front :mad: Not only do you have to find a car that was garaged or has few miles so the seats are still nice, you have to get there within the first week or so of it sitting in the yard or some yahoo will trash them for no reason.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Some little voice is telling me I should snap these up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
These are pretty rare in this condition, only $100 too!:

Doesn't say if they are heated, but here in Denver they usually are. I can check them out and pick them up if anyone is interested.
I just sent a message to the seller asking how much they'd be to ship to Virginia. But if you're close, it would be good if you could check them out in person. My issue is I need to confirm they'll fit a W8. So many things on the W8 are "special" that you'd never expect (roof rails!?) that I always feel compelled to check first now.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Some little voice is telling me I should snap these up.
Ha ha, me too! But I'm too far away and my seats are not that far gone yet.

I have a question about the seller's post: they seem awfully particular about what these seats would fit and what they wouldn't. I'm typically a strong combination of ignorant and foolish with a little bit of curiosity thrown in so now I wonder... what wouldn't fit about them? I've been using the same set of junkyard leather seats ($100 for the pair, don't remember if from B5 or B5.5) on 3 Passat Wagons of B5 and B5.5 style and have had no trouble with these seats fitting or not fitting. I remember usually needing to change the seat belt assembly on the seat (easy) to get the correct wiring connector to match with the car's harness and features, but the seats themselves fit right into the rails. So... what is the seller saying won't fit about them?

I also remember some concern about the front-center fastener, "is it a nut or a bolt?" But then it turns out that it does not matter which it is, they both will fit.

My issue is I need to confirm they'll fit a W8. So many things on the W8 are "special" that you'd never expect (roof rails!?) that I always feel compelled to check first now.
I recognize and appreciate the W8 concern, you never know! Perhaps you will need to pop the engine out in order to install new seats?

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,745 Posts
Correct. Physically, the seats will fit in any B5/B5.5. It's wiring that's the difference.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Never did hear back from the seller. Grrrrr.
Maybe it was a mirage.
Same here.
This just affirms that Craigslist sucks. It's been probably 6 years since I've looked for anything on Craigslist. I'll admit I fell for the trap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts