Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a Ice>Link plus with the single din Monsoon or an other radio that used the blue tipped "R1" cable?

Problem: I hooked everything up the way they said, disconecting both battery terminals, disconecting cd changer, connected "R1" cable..., battery reconnected, and nothing. If I push CD Changer, it says no changer found. Did it with the iPod off, on, backwards, upside down, inside out... :poke:

They seem to emphasize the use of a ground wire in the manual. The ground wire is very clear on the "R2" cable, but there is not one on my "R1" cable. Am I missing it?

The picture of the cable in the manual I have has what looks to be a ground wire coming off of it, but this is not what mine has. My kit was new also. Click to see manual (PDF)

Did your "R1" cable have the ground wire? Is the dock not compatable with a 5G Video? Do I need the cable instead?

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get information from Dension...:crazy:

·
Fore!
1,565 Posts
Yes, I did it with my single din monsoon, in dash HU, 2001.5, ice>link plus, and ipod mini. I attached the ground wire to the back of either the HU or the changer, cant remember which. Isn't the ground wire pictured on the harness in question in the photos in the instructions?

I would look closer at mine but I have since changed to an aftermarket HU. To state that dension customer support sucks is an understatement. It is totally nonexistent! I would never ever ever buy another product from them. My ice>link was supposed to work with my new kenwood HU, but I could never get it to work properly, and they gave me no help. So I gutted the electronics from the dension cradle (the only part of their system worth anything) and used the cradle and the connector from the kenwood ipod adapter to make a custom cradle that worked with my system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts