Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
I thought this was interesting.. I found another link while searching for video, http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-03-30-questions-usat_x.htm, that contained...

"There are millions of questions that need to be answered," said Monica Gabrielle, a member of the Family Steering Committee, a 9/11 relatives group working with the commission. "She's sitting in the hot seat. ... All information is funneled through her, and she needs to explain why things weren't handled differently." Gabrielle's husband, Richard, died at the World Trade Center.
Check the last page of your '03 CB5 calender if you don't catch the relevance..

sorry for the hyjack

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I don't blame Bush and Rice, although they certainly should have taken these warnings more seriously, i'm sure, in retrospect, they wish they had!

I DO however, find it contemptible that they tried their damndest to hide this from the American public. I also resent Condi's evasiveness regarding this document during her testimony.

Had she done as Richard Clarke did and said "we could have done better, i'm sorry" I think we'd all have MUCH more respect and sympathy toward her.

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
Makes me wonder what the uproar would have been if actions would have been taken to deter it. Would we have been talking that Bush was snapping his fingers to scare away tigers?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Clark had no right to say what he did. He does NOT speak for the USA gov't nor even the majority of the public. What he did was disgraceful.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
duandcc said:
Clark had no right to say what he did. He does NOT speak for the USA gov't nor even the majority of the public. What he did was disgraceful.
How can you say this? He was THERE!

Just because it makes Bush look like a fool doesn't mean it shouldn't have been said. Maybe Bush IS a fool! :wink:

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
He could say something like"I feel the gove't ownes you an apology"...but he doesn't represent the gov't. He has no more right to apologize for the gov't than I do. His sentiment might have been correct, but he does not represent our gov't and had no right to do so...he oversteped his bounds big time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
StormChaser404
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing