Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of us are constantly looking at parts for the B5 or B5.5, and now I am stuck in a 'tug-of-war' between different products. Every year I like to spend my tax refund on myself, and this year it is going to be my biggest ever, so i have been think of the following:

- Forge Blow-off vavle (designed specially for the 1.8t)

- Infinity 6002i 6 1/2" speakers x4

- Magna Flow Street Series Muffler 14815

- or spend abit more and buy a FK stainless steel exhaust system (downpipe back)

^^ this pic is of the GTi's tubing

Please talk me out of all of them but one! At this time, i am thinking of the Infinity speakers because lately i have been really into music. But the other part of me says my passat has the go with the chip, but nobody thinks so becuase it's got no show, the blow off valve would freak people out, and the exhaust would give it a nice mild tone.

:???: please help me out.

merk20vt

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i say DV and exhaust :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
1. Prefer a DV to a BOV so I can eliminate this. :thumbdow:
2. New speakers are a personal thing. I like the Monsoon stereo in my car and don't feel any need to upgrade it so for me the speakers are out. :thumbdow:
3. New muffler is nice but if you can spend just a bit more and get a DP back system why bother with just the muffler? Muffler is out. :thumbdow:
4. Buy this. :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
The exhaust+BOV and the speakers are redundant because they negate each other. If you have an exhaust+BOV that's all the music you're going to need! :lol:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kezho said:
www.amimotorsports.com for FK, they're on sale intil Friday.
:eek: I didn't know AMI sells the FK exhausts?!

Thanks for all the input, i think i'll go for the FK exhaust, because i am affraid the magnaflow muffler will sound ricey, and I already have a forge DV valve... so the BOV would only be for the Wooosh. The speakers are something that i want... but your right, the exhaust will sound so good that stereo will rarely be on :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
merk20VT
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing