Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking in the forums on how to debadge the passat out of the trunk... There were some good topics but none of them explained how very well... most just said that they had debadge it and some the problems... I have a 99 1.8 T and want to have it debadged... I am afraid there will be a ghost but i am willing to try it... can someone please tell me what products *and where i buy them from* I need and how i do it...
thank you

·
Registered
86 Posts
Use a blowdryer to get the badge hot so the adhesive lifts with the badge, and then use a small falt head screw driver to get the badge up. Once they were off, i used some compound and wax to clean off the excess glue..

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Ok, this is how i did it the few times (friends cars). !st, you heat it up with a hairdryer, and once it's warm, use Floss to go in between the car and the letters. It should come right off :thumbup: . Your second step should be with some goo gone type thing and a putty knive, trying to remove the exess glue (a plastic putty knive, you can find them at home depot type store for 40 Cents :lol: ). After that, clean the surface and use rubbing compound, like 3M clear coat safe rubbing compound, or Mcguiars, as long as it is clear coat safe. It might take 2 applications but i doubt it. You should wax the area (the whole car is better :lol: ) to finish it up.

Good luck.........................Rah................... :b5: :thumbup: .

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i just did this. Wait for a warm sunny day. Use a hair dryer to heat up the glue behind the letters. Then, i used floss, but it broke many times, fishing line would be better. Work it slowly behind the letters. Then i had to use the hair dryer again and use my finger nail very gently to remove as much glue as possible. After this there still was some residue so i used a clean rag with some bug and tar remover which took all of the glue off imediatly. Then i waxed it and basked in the glory of a smooth a$$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts