Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from my Geology field study in Death Valley. We drove over 1000 miles in 4 days. We saw a ton of stuff! Lemme just say it was an AWESOME trip. A beautiful 96 degrees and let me tell you it was no vacation. I'm tired, dehydrated and totally aching but it was WORTH it. If you ever get a chance, go check out all the cool stuff there! Here's a quick recap...

-Cuyama
-San Andreas Fault
-St. Francis Dam
-Palmdale/Hwy 14 road cut
-Rainbow basin
-camped in the Calico Ghost Town

-Salt Creek Hills
-Old Talc Mine
-An alluvial fan Canyon
-Badwater
-camped in Furnace Creek

-Titus Canyon
-Stovepipe Wells
-Salt Creek where we saw pupfish
-Camped in Furnace Creek again

-Mosaic Canyon
-Headed back home!

Rainbow Basin

Talc mines

Road Cut

Titus Canyon

Random Pic

Badwater (Lowest point in Northern America elev. -283 feet)

Mosaic Canyon

For all you people complaining about gas prices :p

if you guys want more pics......just let me know! ENJOY! :thumbup:

here are more pics!

early morning lecture in Calico's Ghost Town

random pics

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
cool, nice pics. Who's the chick with the junk in her trunk? :wink:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
that is absolutely beautiful!!

hey what do you intend to major in? geology? i used to want to do soemthing involving geosciences since i was always one of those kids messin with the pretty stones . . i still pick em up off the beach 8)

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I'm not majoring in Geology, I'm majoring in Civil Engineering so Geology plays a big part in that. Going on these field studies just makes everything make more sense because it's so much cooler when you see the actual things happening in nature instead of reading and looking at pics..... Geology does rock my world tho 8)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
more pics , MORE PICS......................sweet

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
The "badwater" shot is amazing... Welcome to the furnace.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
awesome pics Baisee!! I remember going to Death Valley like 6 years ago. Had a wonderful time. Tons of interesting geological formations to look at. At the time, the price of gas at Death VAlley for premium was $1.79 or something like that... which at the time was very expensive. Now it's nothing and we'd be happy to pay $1.79 any day. Did you also get to visit the sand dunes?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah we went to the dunes but i was too tired to take pics...more like sleepy! but I got to see a sand devil, they're totally cool!

we stayed at furnace creek.... it's a really nice campground, we had fun in the pool :weirdo:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Okay Baisee, I give up...I looked at all the photos from this GTG and I didn't see a single :b5: ! What's up with that?? :crazy: :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sounds like a nice trip ... good pix, too.

Stay cool & re-hydrate ...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
15 Participants
DocLightfoot
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing