Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you believe it ?????

The delear wanted to replace the whole center A/C vent grill just for two little bulbs burned.... that's $135 the piece.

Of course, also $12 for "dismounting and mounting" the grill.

This is when being a member of CLUBB5 is really helpful. :)

I'll buy two leds (3B0-919-243A) and explain them that all it takes is a few minutes to fix such a stupid thing.

Just wanted to share my experience. I'm sure many of you have been in a similar situation.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, I know it's easy, but since my car was in for maintenance, I told them to fix the bulbs... I never knew they would come up with such a thing !!!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Frigin' dealers. :crazy: I did a similar mistake and asked them to replace a side bumber marker light knowing the bulb would only be $1 and they charged my $22 for the labour. I was pissed but what could I do. Joined Club :b5: , learned how to do it myself and won't pay again for a bulb replacement that takes minutes. :p

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
That's right guys, just ignore that it isn't in the dealer's interest to replace only the bulb, that VW says not to, and that they have to warranty their work or pay the technician.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i've got same question with heybailz, I need to replaced them is it really hard?
I tried to pull them out but they don't work... :mad:

I need to pull the center AC vent for replacement because the center closing and opening vent is broken... :cry:

Anyone know where to get em cheap? :wink:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last night, 11:30pm, low lights, Touareg torch at hand, flat screw driver, two cups of wine in my blood.... and I didn't even spend 10 minutes changing the bulb.
The only problem was to pull the light, but I pulled hard and it came out.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Good job, Saheed! Looks like had just the right amount of fortification in your bloodstream at the time... :drink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
mackman
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing