Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a bit of balance for those who like to bitch about their dealers.

I'm having Neuspeed/Bilsteins installed on my car tomorrow (not at the dealer) so at the dealer's suggestion I make an appointment to have the front end checked out first (60K miles) so they're sure all is good. (VW CPO warranty)

two hours later I get a call asking if I'd mind losing the car for a day, see they'd like to change the lower control arms, timing belt, timing belt tensioners, tie rod end, valve cover gasket and a couple of insignificant parts (a coil thingie too).......all under warranty!

I have to pay $150CDN for some not covered parts(bill will be for more than $2000CDN). Who am I to bitch!

Peter S

1999 Variant

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
WagenMeister said:
Just a bit of balance for those who like to bitch about their dealers.

I'm having Neuspeed/Bilsteins installed on my car tomorrow (not at the dealer) so at the dealer's suggestion I make an appointment to have the front end checked out first (60K miles) so they're sure all is good. (VW CPO warranty)

two hours later I get a call asking if I'd mind losing the car for a day, see they'd like to change the lower control arms, timing belt, timing belt tensioners, tie rod end, valve cover gasket and a couple of insignificant parts (a coil thingie too).......all under warranty!

I have to pay $150CDN for some not covered parts(bill will be for more than $2000CDN). Who am I to bitch!

Peter S

1999 Variant
So who is this dealer? We're quick to post who sucks (me included) so we should be so quick to post who doesn't. Give us a name and them proper credit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VW is taking a beating here so they are upping their service to Audi levels (Audis do well here in large part due to their treatment of customers). BUT it's true that my Passat has been to the dealer more often this month than my wife's last 4 Corollas have over the last 14 years! You don't see me driving a Matrix!

Atomicalex, we've been gobbled by U.S. propaganda. Krispy Kreme rules! Tim's is old school!

Peter

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
00Psst, the dealer is Downtown VW (Centre-Ville Volkswagen). They are right in downtown Montreal (hence the name) and offer shuttle service during the morning to get you to work, will keep your car indoors overnight (if you request it) and have technical reps that know ALL the VW performance mods (suspension, chips, brakes etc.) and actually confirm the "problem" parts of your car (and change them under warranty) instead of the old "Oh, I've never heard of ignition control module or control arm problems...do you abuse your car?"

None better. :thumbup:

Peter

·
Loose female member
4,889 Posts
Atomicalex, we've been gobbled by U.S. propaganda. Krispy Kreme rules! Tim's is old school!
That's an expression that we used in the UK for getting a blow job, what are you trying to say?

Back on topic, I smell a rat, I'm betting MrMeister actually is the owner of the dealership ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
US - hood, trunk, truck, blow job
UK - bonnet, boot, lorry, gobbling

It's like you Brits have a different word for everything?!

And the owner drives a Phaeton not a 5 year old Passat..... :lol:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Definitely drop off a few boxes of Krispy Kremes! That is great to hear your dealer experience. Wonder if the new service levels required to sell Phaetons played a part in your experience. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.