Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice. I own a 2017 SEL Premium. The car has always been serviced at the dealer. Right before I moved out of state, I took my Passat in for the 40k service. Recently I found out I needed a new tire, because the one that’s on the car has a bubble in the sidewall. I took it in to the tire shop and they were unable to remove the bolts, they were on so tight and recommended to go the dealer to have them loosened. I took the car to the dealer to have them loosen the bolts so the tire could be replaced. They were able to get most of the bolts off, out of one tire. There is still one they cannot remove. On another tire the bolt is stripped. Now I have to get at least one of the bearings(hubs) replaced and quite possibly a second one also. They also stripped the key to the locking lug nut. The dealer l and I talk to both the Service Manager and General Manager. They blew both of us off and refuse to accept responsibility. The repairs will not be covered under warranty. It’s going to cast $600 for each bearing. Should I contact VW corporate?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, get corporate involved because when you brought your car for the 10K service at the dealer, the minium service includes the oil and filter changed as well as the tires rotated every 10K.
At 40K your tires should have been rotated 4 times and the lugs lubricated when taken off and on if there were signs of rust.
Assume they rotated your tires at each service, this can also happen when the pressure of the air impact gun used on the lugs is set to high and the lugs are tightened to tight, and only realized when unable to change a flat on the side of the road.
You should quote from your owners manual and from VWs website on what is supposed to be done for each service visit and include your invoices.
Now that you are out of state you can not use small claims court against the old dealer.
Good luck,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts