1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is
The Tint Shop(rockville)
LA Tint(Rt1 College park)
and one in kensington that are all supposed to be good.

who around here does the best tint work, has the best warranty and has the most variety of tint?

also, what brand/type of tint should i be looking for in the $200 range?

Daniel

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Whoa, there's an LATint on Route-1 in College Park? I did mine at the LATint on Route-1 in Virginia near the Krispy Kreme.

There's also a great spot in Rockville called Details Details Details. Shop around bro, and also check on the Capital Area Regional Forum on Vortex.

:lol: I know you did a search??

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, details details details is right up the road from school, do you know anyone who has had their tint done there? oops, i guess its the route1 in Va is the one im thinking of. where in Va is that one?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Winner's Tint

I got my '02 GLS wagon tinted at Winner's Tint, which is in rockin' Rockville. They use a computer-operated cutting machine for the tint, rather than cutting it by hand. They were very professional and courteous. I had them apply 3M brand tint. They also had another brand that was cheaper (Llumar perhaps). They did the wagon for about $200. I highly recommend them, but because of one 1" scratch in the tint on the rear glass, I give them a 9 out of 10 instead of 10 out of 10.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
IDriveB5 said:
hmm, details details details is right up the road from school, do you know anyone who has had their tint done there? oops, i guess its the route1 in Va is the one im thinking of. where in Va is that one?
LATint
8164 Richmond Hwy
Alexandria, VA 22309
(703) 360-2804

Details Details Details, does great tint-work. I forgot the young lady's name who did the tint on the Merc but it's rock solid!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please forgive my stupid question but do we have problem with the police for having our car tinted? I really want to have mine done but have read from another post that someone had problems with a cop because of that.
Thanks. :nervous:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have DC tag/plate and never got harrassed by the cops (VA/MD/DC) in the past 3 years 8) I have meatalic 29% rear and 38% front (wagon) I would recommend LA Tint....very professional....(on Route 1)

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
ruas said:
Please forgive my stupid question but do we have problem with the police for having our car tinted? I really want to have mine done but have read from another post that someone had problems with a cop because of that.
Thanks. :nervous:
Each jurisdiction has their own laws concerning Window-Tinting. I get a kick out of hearing people with DC tags boasting about their tinted windows because if they catch a DC Vehicle Inspection Clerk or Metropolitan Police Officer on the wrong day the Good Times are over! It is illegal to have any Window Tinting Film on vehicles with DC-Tags, unless you have an exemption!! Many officers don't enforce it, unless you have very dark tint on your cars or they are pressed to make quota! Don't be shocked when the police begin to enforce tinting more aggressively because of all these knuckleheads riding in Smoked-Out Ghetto Get-Away Buckets.

Officers are now carrying tint-meters in their squad-cars and will measure your tint on the spot. The general-rule for Maryland and VA is if you can place your drivers license on the glass and it isn't legible, then the officer will measure your tint to check for violations.

Here's a site which breaks down the Window Tinting Laws...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.