Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so today I removed the #79 relay. I saw a post on here in the last two weeks, that told how to shut off the DRL.. Now I can't find it. I also got a Euroswitch, with the DRL's turned off can in the middle position, I have the DRL's off and be able to controll front fogs. So they can be my primary lights in that position. I am getting Fogs in a few weeks and I would like to find this out soon.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know how to use the euroswitch I just need to learn how to turn off the DRL's

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm. What did I turn off then?

·
Registered
191 Posts
JT02460 said:
Okay, so today I removed the #79 relay. I saw a post on here in the last two weeks, that told how to shut off the DRL.. Now I can't find it. I also got a Euroswitch, with the DRL's turned off can in the middle position, I have the DRL's off and be able to controll front fogs. So they can be my primary lights in that position. I am getting Fogs in a few weeks and I would like to find this out soon.

Thanks,
Jon
Try this one Jon
http://web.njit.edu/~rxp0835/b5/info.php

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Spsmcc said:
someone told me if you pull up on the parkin brake handle it will turn them off

:D or :crazy:
This is true, but why would you want to drive with your parking brake on? Pull 173 if you want to disable DRL's, I did it, and have had no issues whatsoever. My bulbs have lasted about 8 months so far and are still going strong. I replaced them twice in the 4 months before I disabled them.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay I got the number wrong.. I saw 79 and thought it was the right one.. I am going to fix it now.. I will tell when I am done.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
If you have the newer body style Passat, All you have to do is install the switch and remove RELAY #173. I have the same thing done and there is NO daytime running lights on at all :thumbup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I pulled the 173 and it worked.. I could not get the 79 back in and I would like to know what it is.. If any of you know, your help would be great.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Try rotating it to all sides to get it back in . I am not sure what that relay is for though but I am sure you need if for something :p :thumbup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Someone thinks it is for the airbags... So I will get it back in ASAP.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is what it is.. I need to get it back in. My remote and the trunk release button do not work.. I have to find someone with little hands to put it back in..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts