Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After following my daughter's car in traffic for a few miles, she stopped to let me know that my driver's side light seemed too bright and aimed differently from my passenger light. It was still daytime, so these were my daytime running lights (DRLs). I sort of confirmed her observation next time I pulled up to a store front and saw my reflection in the big pane glass window before I pulled the parking brake on to kill the DRLs.

What could be wrong? Is there a circuit or fuse that might have failed, such that the driver's DRL now gets too much power? Or is it an alignment thing? Or maybe some of both?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Those "DRLs" are also the low-beam headlamps (just run at slightly reduced power.)

Take a careful look at the bulb, make sure that it's correctly aligned and seated in the lamp. Every time that I see an "H7 light output all weird" issue, it's because the bulb is installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Could be the bulbs not in the socket correctly, broken adjustment gear or might just need to be aligned. If it is not aimed correctly it could seem that it is brighter or dimmer than the other one. Depending on it's aiming/ high/low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.