Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

David - Midlothian, VA

5K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  MP33dave 
#1 · (Edited)
2000 GLX v6 4motion - Sold in Sept 2007

Here's my new B5.5.

Hanging with my Hommies!!

Ok...W8 is now sold and here's the NEW::

I'll post better pix later...got some stuff to do to her first...tint and now that I have 2wd, lower it...it's cheaper then the 4mo options for sure.

Updated: As of June 4th, 2010:

Additions since I bought her.
GIAC Chip
New OE Drivers Springs installed
New Billy Boat Exhaust 3" - Turbo back - Full Exhaust
Tinted side markers - VHT NiteShades
Upgraded Bog Done insert
Upgraded Diverter Valve
Upgraded PVC regulator with upgraded metal breather tube - not installed yet.
Neuspeed P-Flo CAIntake
35w HID upgrade - 5000k McCullough system
8mm Spacers
35% Tint all around
Euro Cup holder
Fog lights and Euro Switch

See less See more
#7 ·
Will pay cash and beer for some help.

I ordered the VCG and cam seal kit from blauparts.com and will be doing this myself b/c the indy shop wanted $900 total. If anyone is in VA, near Richmond and would be so kind to help, I would be willing to pay a small fee and provide food and beers!! Let me know ASAP.

#8 ·
MP33dave said:
I ordered the VCG and cam seal kit from blauparts.com and will be doing this myself b/c the indy shop wanted $900 total. If anyone is in VA, near Richmond and would be so kind to help, I would be willing to pay a small fee and provide food and beers!! Let me know ASAP.
If you still havn't gotten around to doing it, i'd be willing to help. I need to do the same on my B5. The catch i'm 17 so i'd understand if my inexperiance on cars would negate the point of help. either way good luck:thumbup:

#10 ·
Ok...time to update my page.

First mod, looking at GIAC for a chip, can't seem to get an answer though...I don't think the 2004 W8 is supported. My ECU is 07D 901 018 AP.

Thinking about a sharkfin antenna, Short Shifter and maybe suspension...I'm liking the smooth ride right now.

Down the road, exhaust upgrade, get some nice summer wheels and keep the OEM BBS's as the winter set and then she will be good to go.:thumbup:

#12 ·
looks good. can't wait to see it.

#14 ·
I went to the local Indy who works with GIAC and they uploaded my code...from the ECU and are suppose to be writing something for me...not sure if I want to be the guinea pig??:crazy: It's been a month, I guess I should call the Indy guy and see if he got anything back yet.

#16 · (Edited)
Ok...I posted one new pix...I'm also almost done with my bumper repair, it's coming together.

Additions since I bought her.
GIAC Chip
New OE Drivers Springs installed
New Billy Boat Exhaust 3" - Turbo back - Full Exhaust
Tinted side markers - VHT NiteShades
Upgraded Bog Done insert
Upgraded Diverter Valve
Upgraded PVC regulator with upgraded metal breather tube - not installed yet.
Neuspeed P-Flo CAIntake
35w HID upgrade - 5000k McCullough system
8mm Spacers
50 - 35% Tint
Euro Cup holder
Fog lights and Euro Switch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.