Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
If it is door, buy a set of door pins and change old ones they are prone to loose up or even crack. Set for one door costs about 10$ it will fully kill any door rattling.

Dashboard is harder, it can be partialy solved by installing upper strut bar.It will reduce part of torsional twisting of car,therefore dash will move less.
Friend of mine solved this prob by puthing all dash in leather. It tight up dash so there are no more movements and sounds. This one is expensive.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
cvela said:
If it is door, buy a set of door pins and change old ones they are prone to loose up or even crack. Set for one door costs about 10$ it will fully kill any door rattling.
Just courious, which door pins? Is this a "do it yourself" fix?

Thanks
Sorry choosed wrong word, those are clips 3B0 868 243. Number 3 on pic. You should not have problems to do it yourself.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Stormysea have good ideas, you should check them. My advise is from experience of 5 Passat owners from my club. All of them had problem of rattling and oddly they were solved by those clips. 1 is B5 others B5.5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.