Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have auto climate control. when I have the fan running with heat and then power down the fan to the off position. There is still some flow of air, air at the setting of heat or cold when I had it on last. The only way to get rid of the slight airflow is to power back on the fan , go to re-circ..then power of the fan to off. This is not right...some sort of design problem ...anyone else whith this issue :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
My guess it that the movement of the car is pushing air through the system. The air inlet is at the base of the windshield, a high pressure area when the car is moving. By going to recirc mode, you are drawing air from inside the car and with no differential pressure there is no air movement.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Andiman said:
I have auto climate control. when I have the fan running with heat and then power down the fan to the off position. There is still some flow of air, air at the setting of heat or cold when I had it on last. The only way to get rid of the slight airflow is to power back on the fan , go to re-circ..then power of the fan to off. This is not right...some sort of design problem ...anyone else whith this issue :(
That's normal on every car I have ever driven. When it's on recirc, the outside air vents close so of course there is no air coming in but when they are open even with the fan off, the natural movement of air will allow it to flow thru from the outside thru the vents. How is that design problem????????

·
Registered
13 Posts
I belieave it is a problem since the air coming inside is "HOT" feels like the godamn heater is on.. every1 that gets into my car asks me if the heater is on.. if the air coming in would be somewhat room temp that would be fine.. but it isnt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts