Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why they dont have lit vents on the 2003 dashes? Do the vents on the 04's light up? When I say this I'm referring to the little indicators that light up that indicate what direction to roll the vent adjusting wheels.

-cbx

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting...I wasnt looking for lit knobs or dials...just the little indicator lights indicating open or closed...I've seen them lit up in red on previous models...just wondering why not now..I have an 03 and I cant see [email protected]$! :???:

·
Registered
96 Posts
My '03 has both the top "O" for open, and the seated dude icon with the arrow in his face, both lit up in red.
no other lights, but open, and closed are lit up
Was that your question? or are you talking about something else?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
cbx said:
Interesting...I wasnt looking for lit knobs or dials...just the little indicator lights indicating open or closed...I've seen them lit up in red on previous models...just wondering why not now..I have an 03 and I cant see [email protected]$! :???:
Ohh, sorry man. I though you wanted lit up dials, not the indicator lights. I just checked out my '03 and they do not light up.

·
Registered
666 Posts
how about some blue or red led's set in on the other side of the vents, that way you could tell if they were open or not, while you're at it you could do the door handles that there was a post of last week. :)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I think what he meant was that the Skoda Superb air vents fit in a passat, and they light up.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Here is a Skoda Superb, in case you don't know what it is...

And you can see a little of the vents here, which are lit and match perfectliy with Passat's colour scheme:

·
Registered
15 Posts
:shock: I thought Skodas were crappy little 2-cycle Soviet tin cans or something. When did they become part of VW? I'm having a freaked-out Twilight Zone moment.

(By lit vents, do you mean lit internally, behind the grilles? Any night photos?)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Skoda became part of VW/Audi/Seat group in 1991. Superb is actually a 10 cm longer version of Passat, with the same quality and engines (some of them).

Some people also installs Skoda Symphony CD player in their Passats, because it matches the red/blue colours percfectly.

·
Registered
578 Posts
One can say that it is an improved Passat. BTW I like the neat umbrella holder in the rear door, which is drained so one cat put a wet umbrella in there...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts