Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been enjoying the CB5 community for a while, and just realized that I never 'formally' introduced myself!

I'm Nik (NVL), from Beverly, MA, and this is my ride, Das Schwarzwagen. (The Black Car.)
She's a 2000 GLX 5spd, 43k miles, black on black, FK grill, MHW corners and side lenses, tinted tails courtesy of the one and only JonBoy! (You're seeing these pics thanks to his web hosting, BTW.)
Please excuse the silly hubcaps and snow tires...

Future mods I'd like to do include the black FK angel eyes, springs and rims, and of course, a PES G2...

Thanks very much to everyone who's already helped to answer any questions I've posted!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Agree with the above post it should be Der Schwartzwagen. Das is the neuter prefix and no Passat is neuter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KolbenFresser said:
the right expression is : DER (the) SCHWARZE (black) WAGEN (car)
Jawohl, Herr Kommandant! <grin> Der Schwarzewagen it is! 8)

Thanks for the greetings, guys!
...one year of college German and all I've got left is "Ein Bier, Bitte!"

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
hey, belated welcome i guess ad the :b5: looks awsome. Good luck with your futur mods...............Rah.................. :b5: :thumbup: .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Triumph said:
so why is "the auto" das Auto?
Most likely because auto (meaning automobile) is a foreign word, and many foreign words in German are neutral.

If the Germans were to remove all the foreign words from their language (didn't a neighboring country do that :crazy: ) The word for car would be: der Personenkraftwagon, which is such a long word, everyone uses Pkw. Its actually quite common, at least when I was there 12 years ago.

No point, other than that is a nice looking car, Nik.

Brett

1 - 16 of 16 Posts