Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So they have the toshiba p15-s409 (2.8 HT) on sale only on the web...

and they have the p15-s420 (3.0 HT) in stock at the store....

I have a one time coupon for 18mo interest free IN STORE ONLY and the 2.8 HT (800) model is actually cheaper than the 2.8 P4 (533) thats in stock at the store... :crazy:

So I'm fudged..... Is the 3.0 HT worth $300 more and 18 months interest free or should I go with the 2.8 HT at $1600 delivered for 12 interest free... :cry: Or just forget it for a while...

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did this morning... They were quite firm on it... online is online and in store stock is in store stock... :cry:

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I'm :crazy: ...

Dell has a similar deal on the inspiron 9100... I just want to play now and pay as I go! :lol:

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I know what you mean. I drove my wife crazy deciding on which laptop to get. Took me 2 weeks to finally make the final decision. Got a Dell. Should have it next week. :)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Dude get a Dell and help a brother out cause I work there!

If you are interested in the inspiron model line, give me a PM and I may have a 10% off coupon you can use...

Dell also does offer financing but I don't know how it works...

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
LoneStarPoke said:
Dude get a Dell and help a brother out cause I work there!

If you are interested in the inspiron model line, give me a PM and I may have a 10% off coupon you can use...

Dell also does offer financing but I don't know how it works...
The financing is Ok. It will vary by borrower obviously but I got extended $2,700 when I bought my PC. Only used $1,100 of it. Decent interest rate. Paid it off in 4 months.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I tried the interest free Dell route. I have excellent credit and they did not offer me the interest free. Did offer me $4 k though. Some kind of computer modeling that didn't qualify me. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wha? I've got great credit too... they must be using a very low risk model...

So I've been hearing buzz that HT requires XPpro... anyone else know if this is true??

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Honestly, you will not notice a difference going from a 2.8 to a 3.0. The average user just does not use the system in a way that it would be noticable. If you were compiling code all day long then yes you might based on completion times. If there are no other difference, then save the money.

Side note: Programs don't really take advantage of the hyperthreading. While it is a nice marketing feature, the average performance gain is in the 3-5% range. Some high end apps have topped out at a 15% gain or so.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay... this is bizare... I was denied credit from Dell dispite the fact that I have a 36% monthly expenses/income ratio and over 700 credit rating?? :crazy:

Whateva?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Guyute said:
If you were compiling code all day long then yes you might based on completion times.
If you were compiling code all day, then none of these would be an option. We have a quad-3.06 Xeon workstation that compiles around 3-4x faster than my 1.5 P4 (which is fine for normal small compilations, but is really slow for recompiling IDEs and the like). I want one of those now. I wonder if work will pay for one? (Yeah, right. :lol: )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
LoneStarPoke
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing