Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this thing broke..

It's the lil Electronic Doohicky that pulls my trunk latch release when i hit my key fob..
I think i need a new one.. cuz it just makes a crappy noise and does not work.
Thanks

This next pic is just funny.. my trunk filled with all the motorcycle parts i'm throwing away from my latest chopper build >.<

· Registered
101 Posts
The little electric motor in mine shorted out and blew fuse 14 - the ccm fuse - which also controls the security for the car. Because this fuse was blown, the relay that allows the car to start was not engaged and I was left stranded.

I got a new actuator at the dealer for about $50.00 part number VW 3B5-827-061-C

You have to unbolt the bracket that holds the lights for the license plate. I ended up not removing it from the trunk lid, but just rotating the bracket around so I could get to the screws that hold the actuator to the bracket.

Replace the old one with the new one and you are good to go.

Pictures that I took at the time just because:

Ha, same color car.

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well.. mine stays in place when i hit the button..
So i know it's not just moving outta place.

Also. fuses seem good.. it just Groans when i hit the button and doesnt actually do anything.. if i pull on the wire that it actuates. the trunk pops so i know it's not broken there.
I think the thing just failed is all and won't pull anymore.

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey pistonbully - off topic, but NEVER throw parts away. EVER!
Meh.. No one wants these.. they are all junk. tanks all deneted up,, seats ripped up.. forward controls are all busted up and lots and lots of lil things that no one will ever want do to the fact that it's junk.
I am doing a total rebuild of an 81 Kawi 750..Buildin me a rice chop !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.