Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dan Skinner, St Helens U.K.**Photobucket pics**

Hi,
Just thought I`d introduce myself, as I signed up the other day, and spent all that time looking at pictures of everyones great cars.

I noticed that some people put piccies straight onto the post, can anyone tell me how to do that please?

Soon as I work it out, I`ll stick some fotos up of my baby

She`s a `99 V6 Syncro
Diamond Black
Vestatec Fogs
RS4 18" alloys
Lowered on Eibach springs by about 25mm..

well anyway, tell me how to put pics up and you can see her !!

·
Banned
2,410 Posts
Bienvenido.

look at the info forum or go to vwvortex.com<----this is where I learned to post pics.

You need to have a site "host" your pics.

Right click on the pic, open the properties. Copy the address for the pic and paste it on the thread using the in front and back of the address.

A lot if us are members here since the owner is a CB5 member as well [url]http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47214&highlight=[/url]

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK...I nearly ended up crying about this :cry: , but finally worked out how to re-size pictures :)

Here`s 3 let me know what you think, got some smoked side repeators on order, looking for smoked tails, and getting new ICE a week on saturday...

Got a few other changes in mind too.
Thanks to Becca, without whom I would have had a breakdown working out how to post pictures...x

·
Registered
606 Posts
looks great.

Welcome danski. Can I take it from the pics that your also from the UK (as they look like UK houses/cars) ? If so whereabouts?

As you know RS4's are very popular in the dub scene over here, but I admit they do look great.

Is that an Octavia it's parked next too ? They are also nice cars, expecially the VRS !

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UK

Hi Marc...

Yep, I`m in the UK, in St Helens, and Yep that a VRS Octavia next to me, the guy next door is into modding as well, its chipped and stuff.

I`ve only seen another 2 Passats with these wheels, so didnt realise they are that popular. :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Dan, you car is looking hot and welcome to clubb5. Stay away from the group buy section unless your wallet is full of cash :lol: . You mentioned that your '99 is "Diamond Black"? So the European paint specs are different? I have a '99 and it is black magic. I guess I learn something new every day :wink: . Anyway, again she is looking good!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks...

thanks guys...she`s not finished yet, just ordered some new taillights, and smoked side repeators.
Has anyone fitted wing mirrors with indicators on them?
Which ones, and how easy are they to fit?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys :)

The xenon headlights came when I got the car, but I dont know if they were an optional extra or stock, as I`m the second owner. They have the plastic protectors on as well.

Made a few more mods recently, so I`ll try to get some more pics on soon...

Dan

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

The xenon headlights came when I got the car, but I dont know if they were an optional extra or stock, as I`m the second owner. They have the plastic protectors on as well.

Dan

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Dan

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Dan

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since I posted the last pics, I`ve done a couple of other things to the car...M3 spoiler that I had sent over from the States on the group buy, Tinted tail lights (but not too dark),R32 steering wheel that I just fitted this morning - REALLY easy - and new Kenwood ICE...anyway, let me know what ya think :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers Paul,

Yep its a private plate...I get loads of double takes, and most people laugh when they see it, I`ve only had 2 or 3 people dissaprove - f*** `em if they cant take a joke, eh?
It`s about to go on my girlfriends car, as I`ve got another now that says DAN at the end, and she didnt want me to sell it.

Dan.

·
Registered
606 Posts
great mods Dan, the R32 sterring wheel really is a nice piece of kit !! If a little pricey..........

Can i ask, did you tint the tails yourself ?? I would love to them on my B5.5, but would want to find a professional outfit to do them.

Marc.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did them myself, Marc.

It`s really easy, the most difficult thing is being patient enough between coats. :roll:

I think theres a write up somwhere on here about it, but if you like, I`ll PM the details to you 8)

Dan.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.