Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello B5ers,Ihave just sold my B5 1.8T AEB with wett chip to a close friend,and for the past month the car has been having the dreaded oil pressure warning light flashing on and off!!I have changed the oil to no avail, it only ran ok for about a week before the damn thing started to rattle at the top end ,and the warning light start flashing again!!I have flushed the engine with flushing oil.......Diesel!.......Parafin!......and although it is ok for about a week it soon starts rattling those lifters and oil light flashing on and off, especially when it is a hot day.I am at my witts end with it ,and all that comes to mind is what a lemon!!!I can have the sump removed and cleaned for a reasonable price but what I want to know is ?Could the problem just come back after the sump has been cleaned out?Is the chip causing this by getting the engine/turbo too warm and cooking the oil? After the sump has been cleaned out what oil should I use?
If I am going to go to the lengths of removing the sump, I want to make sure this problem does not come back!!!!!EVER!Please help with some advise! :cry:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
By using those harsh engine cleaners so late in the engines life you could have dislodged some large turbo turds. These are a killer to the oil pump and screens. Perhaps at the high tempratures those once settled turds once again join the oil flow and clog the path.

Try AutoRX, it has been highly rated. This is a mild cleaner designed to slowly work at the sludging as to avoid this type of problem.

Read the recent posts, as many threads have discussed this exact problem.

If you really want to flush things out. Drop the pan, clean it, replace the pump and screen, etc. I believe in a recent thread Sharky mentioned this extreme clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.