Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt anyone will be able to trouble shoot my problems, but I just need to vent. So I had my SkiFi hooked up to my monsoon system with a Blitzsafe adaptor. Everything was working fine, except I was still using the cigarette lighter for power. Today I tried to install a power converter to hardwire the SkiFi. I tapped the 12v and ground from the HU, buttoned it back up an now nothing works. HU doesn't see the blitzsafe, hardwire power doesn't work!!! What the hell??? I triple checked everything. This is why I hate electronics and should have just paid someone to do it in the first place :mad: :mad: :mad:

So now the only think I can see that happen is somehow I fried the blitzsafe. Now I need to figure out if I should pay to have a stereo shop try to fix my cluster f*ck or is I should just scrap it and buy a new HU and start over. :???:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No fuses to pop. Blitzsafe is plug and play. :sad:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 2002 with monsoon. Is there anything in a blitzsafe that could be destoyed? It is a pretty simple device. You unplug the CD changer harness, plug in the blitzsafe, then connect the RCA cables. Doesn't seem like anything could go wrong??? I don't think there is any power running through the blitzsafe, it is just a adaptor to get RCAs. I could get my hands on a multimeter, but I wouldn't know what to do with it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
UGH I could tell ya in 5 minutes what the problem was with a tone generator and a multimeter. I would see if you can get the multimeter and maybe we can check to see if the XM piece has signal coming out of it and if the blitzsafe piece has power. I would imagine it would take some power to either "step up" or "step down" the signal.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always disconnect the battery when I mess around behind the HU. How safe is it to be in there with the battery still hooked up?

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
warknj said:
Its a 2002 with monsoon. Is there anything in a blitzsafe that could be destoyed? It is a pretty simple device. You unplug the CD changer harness, plug in the blitzsafe, then connect the RCA cables. Doesn't seem like anything could go wrong??? I don't think there is any power running through the blitzsafe, it is just a adaptor to get RCAs. I could get my hands on a multimeter, but I wouldn't know what to do with it.

The changer cable has 12V in it. If something touched that wasn't supposed to it'd be pretty easy to pop something. Where are you? If I'm close to you I'll take a look at it for you.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure, I get out of work at 5. Drop by my house anytime after that. I am not too far away, just Vermont :poke:

I talked to christian fron Enfig.com, where I got the blitzsafe and they have a lifetime warrenty, so he doesn't think the problem is with that. He suggested the ground wasn't attached.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
quality_sound
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing