Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to get a battery at costco (kirkland brand) for 57$ and took it home to install. After breaking my back getting the damn battery out of under the winshield protect of my 02' passat, i put in my new battery, install the terminals and as i look for the battery exhaust hole, i realize that the damn thing broke off.. now i have to go all the way back there... there goes a waste of 50 mins

**on another note, is the battery water tube supposed to lead to the hole the battery?

·
Registered
537 Posts
NEVER DISRESPECT COSTCO!:p

that store is the best, i buy everything i can from them and when stuff breaks they always hook me up.

are you saying the battery nipple broke off? as in you broke it off or you bought it that way, either way i think its not really costcos fault if your broke it or if some jackass with a fetish for battery nipples broke it off.

the battery water tube on the right side is suppose to hook up the the nipple on the side of the battery just like the factory one.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im pretty sure it was broken before i bought it... was really nice handling it.. thinking again, kinda stupid not checking to see if its there

Yeah i know that the tube hooks up to the nipple. But where does the other end of the nipple go? (i assume to the drain underneath?)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Aagiants said:
im pretty sure it was broken before i bought it... was really nice handling it.. thinking again, kinda stupid not checking to see if its there

Yeah i know that the tube hooks up to the nipple. But where does the other end of the nipple go? (i assume to the drain underneath?)

yea i believe i read it along time ago that it goes to a drain that just drains in under the car just like the 2 drains for water.

57us sounds like a deal for a passat battery

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Turbo_M5 said:
NEVER DISRESPECT COSTCO!:p

that store is the best, i buy everything i can from them and when stuff breaks they always hook me up.

LOL. WE buy all we can there too. Helps my father works for them too ;)

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
i dont have a costco nearby but i do have a sams club which is also not nearby :(

i have a super walmart 24/7 2 minutes from my house! AHA!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing u gotta love about costco is their return policy.. I know of people who bought tvs only to return them 2 years later for FULL price. Costco doesn't give a damn when u return things.

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,498 Posts
Costco counterpoint: Their prices and policies are good, but their selection is EXTREMELY limited. If they have what you want/need, great, but I have yet to see Mobil 1 0W-40 oil there, for instance.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
John_E said:
Costco counterpoint: Their prices and policies are good, but their selection is EXTREMELY limited. If they have what you want/need, great, but I have yet to see Mobil 1 0W-40 oil there, for instance.
That goes for ALL big-box stores, though. They negotiate (bully) great volume discounts with vendors, but typically only on strong sellers. Walmart may look like they have a lot of product breadth, but it's really just depth. 10,000 jars of the same 3 crappy peanut butters.

I still haven't seen 0w-40 anywhere except auto parts stores...

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Aagiants said:
One thing u gotta love about costco is their return policy.. I know of people who bought tvs only to return them 2 years later for FULL price. Costco doesn't give a damn when u return things.
You are correct 100% satisfaction. No ifs, ands or Buts.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
ashman78 said:
That goes for ALL big-box stores, though. They negotiate (bully) great volume discounts with vendors, but typically only on strong sellers. Walmart may look like they have a lot of product breadth, but it's really just depth. 10,000 jars of the same 3 crappy peanut butters.

I still haven't seen 0w-40 anywhere except auto parts stores...
wallyworld carries 0w-40

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
1.8Tttturbo said:
wallyworld carries 0w-40
Must be regional or something...out of three local supercenters, I've only found 5w-40 at one of them (the "blue collar area"). The WMTs in nicer areas seem to have reduced selection. Never seen 0-weight of any kind there.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
aliencds said:
this has to do with the persons laptop whos fell out a truck in my dell thread huh! ?
Or maybe they saw Everybody hates Chris this week.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Salty D said:
Or maybe they saw Everybody hates Chris this week.
Got my laptop from Risky! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts