Got this from over at vortex. Man... I really dont know what to say except, what.... the... Faaaaaaawk??????
Well today my bro (AudiNick) and I decided to make a trip down to the dealer where that infamous Passat is. It looked pretty bad in the pics I had seen of it, and let me tell you, the pics do not do it justice. I go to the junkyard alot in the summer, and this Passat is the worst car I have ever seen.
1) The engine, totally abused and dirty. Run, don't walk away!
2) The hood was so flimsy, so very flimsy
3) He gutted the interior, presumably for 'racing' - yet the seat frames remain, merely painted red. There's an orthapedic cushion on the drivers seat. Hot.
4) Yes he painted the instrument cluster. Painted over the tach, just to install an Autometer one above it. Hot.
5) Check out the center console action. Not only does that crazy bar add functionality, it also makes it easier to shift. :screwy:
6) Check out the great weight savings this winner did. Sawzall? Does all!
7) It was so bad we had to give it an exorcism