Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beat the Giants of New York 45-35. It was a most ripping victory.:lol:

Romo: 15/24, 345 yards, 4 touchdowns passes, 1 touchdown run, 1 interception,

23 yards per completion (first Cowboy since Staubach in 1971 to be that high)

Pass defense was a little shaky, but they were without their best CB.

Congrats to Wade Phillips.

GO COWBOYS!

Side note: Nice job by the Houston Texas in beating Kansas City.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Beat the Giants of New York 45-35. It was a most ripping victory.:lol:

Romo: 15/24, 345 yards, 4 touchdowns passes, 1 touchdown run, 1 interception,

23 yards per completion (first Cowboy since Staubach in 1971 to be that high)

Pass defense was a little shaky, but they were without their best CB.

Congrats to Wade Phillips.

GO COWBOYS!

Side note: Nice job by the Houston Texas in beating Kansas City.
A good win but don't count your T.O.'s before they hatch. The 'Boys gave up too many big plays to an average QB.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A good win but don't count your T.O.'s before they hatch. The 'Boys gave up too many big plays to an average QB.
Meh, first game of the season. I'm not too worried about the defense. With a defensive coordinator as head coach and the players they have, the defense will tighten up. I was more concerned about what the offense would do. I was impressed how everytime the Giants made it close, the offense would respond so quickly. I wonder how TO is going to respond to this kind of use this season....4 throws/3 catches/2 TDs. Limited, but highly effective.

GO COWBOYS!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm optimistic for the cowboys this year, but do you honestly think that anyone is beating the colts or the pats this year?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
^^^Nope. Colts, Pats, Bolts are all superior to the 'Boys. Dallas may get to the Super Bowl but they won't win it if its against one of those three. I'm thinking Seattle in the super bowl anyway.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Defense wins championships. Hmmm, where was the Cowboys defense yesterday?
What does that really mean, other than being a tired cliche? How about teams that have an offense that eats up the clock and puts points on the board? Does your assessment hold true for the last Superbowl?

How about this? A good offense is a good defense.

As for the Boys' defense, it is the first game and a big part of the pass defense was siting on the side lines with a foot problem. He will be back next week.

GO COWBOYS!

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Since the 80s when has beating the Giants ever been an indicator of a good team?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Little too early to say that the CowGirls have started a Super Bowl run. A lot of weaknesses shown in the game to a subpar team.

Kind of like saying the Steelers have started their run also with a win against the Cleveland Browns.:hmmm:

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since the 80s when has beating the Giants ever been an indicator of a good team?
Little too early to say that the CowGirls have started a Super Bowl run. A lot of weaknesses shown in the game to a subpar team.

Kind of like saying the Steelers have started their run also with a win against the Cleveland Browns.:hmmm:
Hmmmm..if my memory serves me, the Giants were a playoff team last year. I don't remember the Browns being one.:whistle:

GO COWBOYS!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Dallas 37.....Miami 20

2-0 BABY!:lol:

Another shout out to Houston for beating the Panthers. Texas teams 4-0!

BTW...I can believe that somebody didn't catch my partial movie quote in the first post.

1 - 20 of 315 Posts